AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Prime receiver set?

Close, it's the full on G&P/Bomber MRP Pre-Built WOC; From everything I've managed to find via google (which is very very little), it's Prime externals filled with G&P guts, built in-house by G&P. Whether or not any of that is true, I have no idea! I've been waiting a couple of years to finally get my hands on one, and it's met my expectations and then some.

The upper and lower are fully CNC'd, the markings are nicer than any I've ever seen on any Airsoft gun, and it's solid as a rock and performs like a champ with G&P Pmags. A friend picked up a Bomber M733 at the same time which was very much the same story - They're both impossibly gorgeous, extremely well put together and overall thoroughly awesome. 

*edit* Bladerunner got it spot on as usual!

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 3

Me thinks you need to treat yourself to a RS optic to complement that beautiful chunk of gun  :wub:

I really do, but the gun cost enough itself! Saying that, Jon was nice enough to give me the Strike Systems Aimpoint and I'm actually thoroughly impressed; Click-adjustable turrets, no issues with recoil yet, nice bright clear dot etc. 

Saying that, it's due a Trijicon or maybe an Eotech when I can afford one; That may not be for a little while though! :P

@Rogue845

Is it ACM copy of MOE rifle stock?

If it is, what can You tell about its quality?

I believe it's ACM going on how much I paid for it, and I don't recall it turning up in Magpul packaging.  PTS would normally be far more expensive.  That said, the quality is excellent.  My only gripe is that it's not set up like a conventional full stock - you can only run buffer tube/stock tube lipos in it.

Just finished this project. Thoughts?

Just a few... ;)

I think it's nice to know there are somewhere a people who still like old fashion quad rails and SBRs.

Nice looking blaster :). Any details?

I was so excited I finally got my MRP I forgot I also still have a sewing machine for the times I'll need it. Picked up the carbon fibre'd MFR rail from a mate, and it sort of looks quite race-gun-ish to me, so I'm leaving the carbon fibre on it for now. Need to get rid of the A2 grip..

MRP7.jpg

MRP8.jpg

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 2

I did the same to my MFR with some 3M sticker....... but didn't cut the holes.........yet

The sticker is very scratch resistant and nice to touch, little bit slippery though

I'm pretty sure that's what the guy used; It's actually a really nice finish, although I can agree it's not very grippy...

Hwagan, have your body pins and barrel rusted?!

No, the untreated steel has magically resisted the elements ;) 

Plan is to Krylon the body pins, and I'm awfully tempted to send the barrel off to Riflecraft for a Cerakote titanium finish...

No, the untreated steel has magically resisted the elements ;)

Plan is to Krylon the body pins, and I'm awfully tempted to send the barrel off to Riflecraft for a Cerakote titanium finish...

Sod that. Krylon, on a $900 Prime-bodied rifle? Get some proper pins - as far as I can remember WA-pattern weapons should take RS ones just fine, so get some nice ones off've Midway and you're away. As to the barrel, is it unfinished too? I don't think much of that, if it is. If yours is a DGI (rather than piston) MRP the barrel should be parkerized, right?

I believe it's ACM going on how much I paid for it, and I don't recall it turning up in Magpul packaging.  PTS would normally be far more expensive.  That said, the quality is excellent.  My only gripe is that it's not set up like a conventional full stock - you can only run buffer tube/stock tube lipos in it.

Really? You would think that by now that they would have figured out that airsofters like as much battery space as possible.