AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Probably my only contribution to this monster of a thread, think the rest of my ARs are on the plain side so haven't bothered with pictures of them.

Taken quite a bit of time to build this DMR, thrown quite a bit of cash into the externals and also the internals to get it running very sweet.

image.jpeg

genimage-1.jpeg

Taken using an iPhone 5 camera so not the best quality going, didn't have much better to hand at the time.

Cable tie across the stock is gone, was trying to work out the best thing to do for a decent size battery solution in terms of securing a mag pouch on the stock.

• Like 1

Slowly working on a thing via a friend old CA. It's a Honey Badgerish deal, or it will be when it's finished. Front / rear sights are horrendous. Existing M4 outer barrel was cut down and re-assembled, suppressor is home made PVC. Stock is from a ICS. Grip will be a black Magpul MIAD if I can track one down. Internals will be stock TM Ver 2.

DSCF9459_zps347985cc.jpg

Edited by judgeman
KWA LM4. My first GBBR, I am very impressed! Completely Sold! Would sell the CTW if I didn't want to keep it as a back up! This thing is just phenomenal!  Parts List as follows:

- KWA LM4

- Madbull DD MK18 12.5" RIS

- KAC Iron Sights

- KAC Muzzle Break

- Magpul RSA

- Surefire M600 Scout light

- HS Offset Thorntail Mount

- Magpul Go Gas Pedal

- Magpul RVG

- Mix of Magpul XTM and KAC rail covers

- Clone Spectre DR Scope 4x Fixed

- Magpul USA MOE Grip

- Magpul PTS MOE Stock

- PTS PMAG

LM41.png

Celcius CTW Team Alpha. Taken me a while to piece it all together but i'm very happy with it, its fantastically lightweight with cracking range. Very chuffed! Parts list as follows:

- Celcius Team Alpha CTW

- MDD Hop + Reformation barrel

- Magpul Trigger Guard

- Celcius Crane Stock

- G&P Storm Grip 

- Noveske NSR 11" Keymod Rail + Rail attachment

- Inforce WML

- Magpul VFG

- FCC Blackout 12.5" Outerbarrel

- ACM Surefire FH556-216A Flash Hider

- Vision King 1.25-5x26 Short Dot scope

- Larue SPR Mount

- Magpul ASAP Sling Plate

CTWDMR-1.png
  • Like 3

Slowly working on a thing via a friend old CA. It's a Honey Badgerish deal, or it will be when it's finished. Front / rear sights are horrendous. Existing M4 outer barrel was cut down and re-assembled, suppressor is home made PVC. Stock is from a ICS. Grip will be a black Magpul MIAD if I can track one down. Internals will be stock TM Ver 2.

Those sights looks like they were from a KJW KC-02.

I have a question that you guys may be able to help with. I'm getting bored of my Block II setup and am considering changing into a Barrett Rec7. The issue is that I'd need to add a Madbull 9" Omega X rail. Will this fit a G&P upper receiver thread? I'm not even sure how those mount. I have the G&P barrel nut for my RIS II, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. 

And since this is a picture thread, here are some (pretty awful) pictures of my rifle as it stands.

IMG_1063_zps1b982eb4.jpg

IMG_1064_zps6a837484.jpg

09956831-d1e0-4b41-a814-58db81930694_zps

Edited by validtumoralarm
  • Like 1

To my knowledge Madbull use the more generic TM spec thread that most AEGs have on them, G&P are different.  Given that the Omega X use its' own barrel nut rather than clamping to a standard one as the Omega does, I don't think that plan is terribly likely to work without modification to the upper receiver.  The tool that madbull themselves make might do the job, but I'm not too certain on that if I'm honest.

Madbull Omega X with mounting barrel nut.  As just pointed out, the metric thread on the Madbull nut is unlikely to be happy with the imperial thread on the G&P receiver.  Given that the RIS II nut is not that different from the Omega, conceivably the Omega might fit on the G&P RIS II nut, but I'd want to hear first from someone who had done it.

MADBULL-OMX-7BK_1_mark.jpgMADBULL-DD95-BK_1_mark.jpg

Edited by mimesis

The RIS II is either MB or SOCOMGear. I can't remember. I seem to have gotten lucky with the finish on it, though. 

It looks like the barrel nuts are the same. I looked on DD's site and it says that the Omega X uses their "Bolt Up" mounting system, which is the same as the RIS II. If that's the case, then I have the G&P spec nut. 

Hey guys! New toy. 

VFC HK416 CQB

I know that everyone and their mother has a 416 now-a-days, but I couldn't resist building one.

Externals:
Magpul PTS AAC suppressor & compensator

Laylax suppressor kit
Magpul XTM enhanced rail panels
Surefire M600c Scout tactical light
Surefire KM2 White/IR output head
Surefire Dual Output pressure switch
G&P KAC style iron sights
Magpul PTS ASAP
Magpul RSA
Magpul PTS MIAD grip
Magpul ACS-L stock
G&P ambidextrious magazine release
G&P buffer tube (sanded and buffed)

Internals:
PolarStar Gen. 1 Fusion Engine w/ Gen. 2 hardware
PolarStar Black Nozzle
Prototype Low-Flow Poppet Valve (to spec. with Red)
ProWin hopup chamber
Prometheus purple bucking
Deepfire H-Nub
PDI 6.05 285mm tight bore barrel

4161_zpsa887698f.jpg

4162_zpsa814deee.jpg

4163_zps54d84878.jpg

4164_zps64bcab81.jpg

Edited by Failcat
  • Like 3

Ghostwolf, that looks oddly familiar...  What barrel did you use?

(Here's mine.  WE base too)

Heres the list,consist of Noveske 7.25 inch outer barrel, Noveske 7.5 inch RIS, G&P Noveske sound hog/fire pig, LMT GBBR crane stock. Internally, full RA-TECH set of upgrades including full trigger set and NPAS.

Edited by GhostWolf
  • Like 1