AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Spot on, ive only found a handful of images on this rifle.

It was a silenced version, designed to kill muzzle flash when the DEA raided drug factories.

Some cracking pics of DEA/SWAT using the standard m635, I havent found any pics of this in use yet.

Based on the Black Rifle Vol 2, the suppressor was designed for sub-sonic ammunition and reduce sound. It's integrated into the barrel so the only noise from being fired is reported to be limited to bolt chatter. Apparently it was extremely effective, but the project immediately canceled by Colt (apparently it was never even given a model number) due to lack of interest so photos of it in use would be rare. There are several detailed photos and diagrams, including the suppressed version, of the entire Colt 9mm SMG Project in the book.

• Like 1

My take on a MK18 mod 1

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

TM M4A1 based

KA Metal receiver

Madbull DD RIS 2

Built this a couple of years back then kind of put this aside cause I concentrated on GBB's for a bit. Still missing a few bits and bobs and some internal work. Any suggestions?

Kind of regret putting this together especially since Alien Airsoft makes fully built MK18's for about the same price of the receiver and the rail alone.  :(

Edited by charlie 6
  • Like 1

Painting of an alternate upper for my Block II M4A1 commences. The upper is Milciv flava and is my first attempt at painting. Next I need to spray the lower, then combine the two for the pattern. Thanks to Jimmypie for guidance :)

http://thereptilehouseblog.com/2013/08/28/now-thats-worryingly-addictive/

696caed3ecbef42415f1abe91e5f8d30_zps0bf2

0b4910bd569f0ebed920040b5e04400c_zps24ab

c529aaf43d2da5f41f15e200c279012c_zpsfc36

051197c43d9ad5ad57bb12f714772ef1_zps2738

ae1b6714d38c028d361e2f58d1115456_zpsecbb

cf14a4b2c89f87b7492f1cf10fdff2de_zpsac1d

89317e6cad483ddea0396e45210b21e2_zps7bfa

1ef2a8662a02a7f74ce76e3430c3bbb2_zps09c5

dd9ae18e0a9cd13f2af49148ea250fd0_zpsae31

5143a6cb84f7d1257f878c7188391350_zps893b

Edited by The Reptile House
  • Like 5

Sorry to be negative, but nooo - not the SMR upper! I loved that in black.  :(

It's not like any Special Forces (at least to my knowledge) are using the SMR in sandbox environments - so you're painting a beautiful rifle with hard-to-remove colours that don't camouflage it in Britain (unless you play at the Sandpit a lot) and don't replicate any issue weapon. Having spent so much time and money matching parts, it seems lazy, almost, to cover it with a flat coat of beige; aren't we over dustings of khaki with scrim net yet?

I would have preferred a neat, defined pattern to complement such a neat and hard-edged rifle. A digital pattern, maybe:

HPS_2-2.jpg

• Like 1

Too finished :)

The beige (lol) will weather nicely and hopefully accentuate the matching parts below. Is it a risk? Yes it is, but I've never painted a blaster before so we'll see how it goes.

As for why I'm using the SMR for this, it's not really about DEVGRU or whoever using the 416 version. This is an M4 version and clearly I'm not seeking to replicate an ST6 blaster.

What I am doing is interpreting some in the wild pics I've been collecting recently, which feature Block IIs with tube front ends (normally Troy TRX or Alpha). For me, sticking an SMR on my Block II lower is the next logical step.

But yes, if it ends in disaster, at least you warned me :)

• Like 1

IMHO, Tan/Khaki is probably going to work better in most places than black.  Every time I look through photo albums from skirmish sites (and most time that I go to a skirmish) it's an endless parade of guys in camo that always blend in at least to some extent, even if they're wearing deserts in the woods in winter, then a massive sticking-out slab of nice, flat, consistent and entirely contrasting black which leaps out at you, grabs your shirt and screams in your face "I'M OVER HERE".

Obviously everyone's eyes are different as are the various skirmish sites, but to my mind plain black is just an option for a cool looking airsoft rifle in your collection.  It's an aesthetic nicety for wall hangers and hobbies or sports where such things are entirely a choice and nobody's life is on the line, not practical or functional.

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 3

Got some parts in to start the next phase of my M4's life, something I haven't seen in this thread in a while. Now I just need to track down a MB 9" OmegaX in black. SOPMOD stuff will be for sale once I can be sure the OmegaX will fit. 

IMG_1075_zpsac30029d.jpg[/

URL]

Also, no matter how many times I try to rotate the photo in Photobucket it still comes out like this. Sorry.

Edited by validtumoralarm

Apart from the magazine, that's very close to what I'm aiming for! What torch is that? Surely not the correct M952N?

I have no choice in the mags, its the only mag that I know of that works in a WA based gun that isn't complete poo and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. As for the torch, I have no idea, it's just a China clone I bought off a friend. The gun is a just a cheap fixer upper I got off a buddy, it's basically an AGM with some upgrades. Works well enough and shoots like a boss. 

I LOVE that. Always love guns set up like that. 

Thank you kindly. Next project is a MK 18 Mod 1 upper receiver.