AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I have no choice in the mags, its the only mag that I know of that works in a WA based gun that isn't complete poo and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. As for the torch, I have no idea, it's just a China clone I bought off a friend. The gun is a just a cheap fixer upper I got off a buddy, it's basically an AGM with some upgrades. Works well enough and shoots like a boss. 

Thank you kindly. Next project is a MK 18 Mod 1 upper receiver. 

Not sure if it'd work out economically for you, but G&P Pmags have always been fantastic for me - Very simple design, PTS licensed Pmag replicas and they're £45 from AirsoftZone, although the international shipping might kill the price... Saying that, trying the GHK G5 mags in my WA's, they definitely punch a little harder than the G&P mags.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

SILENCE ALL OF THE GUNS.

Also swapped the OD over to the MRP because I like it, needs an OD Ergo F93 now to finish it off.

Silenced2.jpg

Silenced3.jpg

Silenced1.jpg

The G&P KAC Can is now JimmyPie's, but the second gun will be getting a 51T so I can use the M42000 on both.

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 4

New paint. Surefire suppressor is coming sometime soon. Then Hwagan and I can be suppressor buddies.

Where'd you manage to find a Surefire one? One of the ACM jobbies or a Madbull? I was tempted by one of the replicas but I've proper fallen in love with this here AAC one..

very nice :)

Thanks man! Although in future, remember to delete the pics when you quote a post just to save 'em showing twice on the same page! :)

SILENCE ALL OF THE GUNS.

Also swapped the OD over to the MRP because I like it, needs an OD Ergo F93 now to finish it off.

The G&P KAC Can is now JimmyPie's, but the second gun will be getting a 51T so I can use the M42000 on both.

For those of you with the G&P KAC Suppressors; are yours loose?  I mean when I attach my onto the supplies KAC flash hider, there's a bit of wobble and it doesn't feel as secure as the Magpul PTS AAC silencer. 

How do you go about remedying this?

For those of you with the G&P KAC Suppressors; are yours loose?  I mean when I attach my onto the supplies KAC flash hider, there's a bit of wobble and it doesn't feel as secure as the Magpul PTS AAC silencer. 

How do you go about remedying this?

Pick up a few thin cross section O-rings the same outer diameter as the flash-hider - Pop one into the can, just behind the anti-rotation post - It'll be a little more difficult to attach the silencer due to the fact you're compressing an O-ring, but it should make it nice and solid.

Saying that, mine has been on a Birdcage flash-hider for a while, and it obviously rotates and it's not rock solid, but with the foam gone the BB doesn't clip the edges at all.

Where'd you manage to find a Surefire one? One of the ACM jobbies or a Madbull? I was tempted by one of the replicas but I've proper fallen in love with this here AAC one..

I honestly don't know. I bought it from Taco of ASB from his parted out 416 for $30, so I'll make due with whatever it is.

Looking good. What did you use for the scales, Leon?

Walmart laundry bag. $3, reusable. Pretty fine mesh; I just put the gun itself into the bag and tightened it all up so it laid flat. This was sort of a reverse paint job; usually I paint a tan base coat, then do a brown spray over it (so the scales are light) but since I was painting over my old foliage job, the scales became dark. I like it, especially once it wears down.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Like 2

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I also own the 9" RIS II; I have an 11.5" barrel coming, and am gonna try the same setup but shorter once the suppressor comes. With the can on the end, the gun is a little long, and it's not really plausible with my local fields to tune the gun to DMR specs.

• Like 1

You are missing something at the back of the receiver :P

:( It went MIA at an OP in June and I never got around to finding another!

2x2.gif

Changed the rail while I wait for the barrel. I oddly like it. Also, glitter'd that *badgeress* up.

• Like 1

I think I may have the only one of these on Arnies at the moment.

IMG_1087_zpseb380971.jpg

IMG_1090_zpsd66c835e.jpg

IMG_1091_zps5d7c4b51.jpg

G&P based Colt lower, Barrett Rec7 upper. Would have gone full Barrett, but I like the G&P base gun way too much. I've gotten tired of military impressions and decided to emulate some of my favorite fictional characters instead. 

• Like 1