AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Trusty ol' pseudo Mk18 Mod1. Had it for about a year and a half and it's been pretty good to me thus far. It used to have the T1 on it, with a black MOE stock, but I've recently swapped it out for an FDE stock with EXPS3 sight. Thinking of getting a different light though. 

Nice! You could try out a SF Scout or an Inforce WML 

I think I may have the only one of these on Arnies at the moment.

G&P based Colt lower, Barrett Rec7 upper. Would have gone full Barrett, but I like the G&P base gun way too much. I've gotten tired of military impressions and decided to emulate some of my favorite fictional characters instead. 

Admiral Sandecker would be proud man. Damn nice build.

something I received today: [snip]

Going to be cutting it down super short (as the original front end had been messed with :L) and CNC'ing myself a colt 633 front sight  B)

D:

A Colt SMG lower with Colt SMG markings and magazine housing roll pins...is this a commercial product that I'm completely unaware of, or some nice custom work?

• Like 1

Home made kryptek! Looks cool reptile house!

Cheers! Very home made :)

The origins of Kryptek are in the way netting drapes on vehicles etc - they've made no secret about it. Definitely comparisons to be made, but what really influenced me were pics like this:

38be60ddcbe9c1a359203e706531575e_zpsa533

Edited by The Reptile House

D:

A Colt SMG lower with Colt SMG markings and magazine housing roll pins...is this a commercial product that I'm completely unaware of, or some nice custom work?

It is a discontinued kit/complete aeg (the bits I've got are from a kit) that G&P used to make, really nice quality but you need the strength of 1000 men to remove the magazine the first few times. Magazines are a bit of an issue so I'm looking at converting some marui hicaps at the moment. Otherwise really nice bit of kit, it even has the 9mm deflector and shortened dust cover!

It is a discontinued kit/complete aeg (the bits I've got are from a kit) that G&P used to make, really nice quality but you need the strength of 1000 men to remove the magazine the first few times. Magazines are a bit of an issue so I'm looking at converting some marui hicaps at the moment. Otherwise really nice bit of kit, it even has the 9mm deflector and shortened dust cover!

G&P have re-done the SMG; You can buy them brand new from a fair few retailers now! 

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/m4-moe-9mm-smg-magpul-black-aeg-gnp?filter_name=G&P%20SMG

Admittedly that's the magpul jobbie, but it's got the proper lower receiver and ejection port/shell deflector, and I'm sure you can buy the standard carry handle one from a few places.