AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Quick question: what kind of wrench would you recommend to tighten a barrel nut? *a King Arms Larue actually*

Standard AR wrench will do the job - The 3 pins will go into the holes on the barrel nut, similar to how the wrench interfaces with a normal sprocket type barrel nut.

IMAG0393.jpg

Current project. KAC freefloat RAS, Bushmaster body, Gemtech HALO, VLTOR low-profile gasblock with flip up sight. 

Body, Ras, pistol grip and stock made by G&P. Just waiting on my payday so I can buy that g&p gearbox I set aside at work that has the rest of the parts for the bodies as well. Then, maybe a KAC 600 meter rear flip-up and M3 or ACOG.

So I've been lurking these forums for a while, thought I should start posting. Got the Mk18 rails and XTM covers in today so I assembled and repainted it.

qbp1.jpg

0is1.jpg

Base gun is a Dboys M4 CQBR

Internal upgrades

ASG Ultimate Barrel 6,03/285mm

Modify Accurate Hop Up Chamber

Prometheus Soft Bucking/Nub

Dream Army Air Seal Nozzle

Reshim/Regrease

External upgrades

Madbull DD 9,5 Mk18 RIS

Magpul PTS CTR Stock

Magpul MBUS Front/Rear Gen2

Magpul XTM Railcovers

Phantom 552

Gbase AN/PEQ-15

Chinapul AFG Gen1
  • Like 5

What a coincidence about this particular type of red dot...
Anyway, my Element dual switch is finally a... Dual switch. Yeah, I know, Element's clones of SF flashlights in DE are bit to light in color, but apart from that they are very nicely done. Both in form and function.
Aww, and Cerakote graphite black is exactly what the color name says.
10610289974_faa8580ccb_b.jpg

10610289596_db00d10d19_b.jpg

10610524183_7ec96b88a5_b.jpg

All I need now is 12.0 inch variant of this rail.

Edit: No RS parts used (unfortunately)

Edited by MRF
  • Like 3