AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Looks beautiful still! This was the rifle you had cerakoted tan right? I think I preferred it like that but this certainly is still a looker!

No, it's another one - that CQBR You meant is still in tan/brown scheme and it won't ever change. This one (LaRue) is my backup AEG. But in fact it's not much of the backup, because  it seems there's no need for it to be one. So I used to think of it as an expensive ornament in my apartment...

And I'm glad You like it.

...or them ;).

What a coincidence about this particular type of red dot...

Anyway, my Element dual switch is finally a... Dual switch. Yeah, I know, Element's clones of SF flashlights in DE are bit to light in color, but apart from that they are very nicely done. Both in form and function.

Aww, and Cerakote graphite black is exactly what the color name says.

10610289974_faa8580ccb_b.jpg

All I need now is 12.0 inch variant of this rail.

Edit: No RS parts used (unfortunately)

Thats a nice set up m8, wouldn't mind something like that myself.

zthi.jpg

7mjk.jpg

eyfr.jpg

z3rw.jpg

WE M4A1 Open bolt

External:

-'Dytac' UXR III 3.1 RAS 13.5" (inch) for Systema PTW Profile

-'Military Action' -14mm (anti-clockwise) M556 style M4 flash hider

-CM Troy Rear & Front Folding BattleSight 

-Element EX290BK Lau style LT752 Scout Offset Mount

-Night-Evolution M300A MINI SCOUT LIGHT

-Night-Evolution Dual Function Tape Switch

-5KU Handstop for LW URX

-BD KAC Style Rail Cover For URX III&URX3.1

-T.S.C PRI-Style Charging Handle

-T.S.C Anti-Rotational Pin (Type 2)

-Ergo grip never quit grip

-Magpul ASAP Sling Adapter

-Magpul RSA Rail Sling Attachment

-Magpul MOE Grip

-Magpul Enhanced Triggerguard

-Magpul CTR Buttstock

-Magpul CTR Cheek Raiser

-CM Trijicon SRS

Internal:

-Maple Leaf 70 degree Hop up rubber

• Like 4

No, it's another one - that CQBR You meant is still in tan/brown scheme and it won't ever change. This one (LaRue) is my backup AEG. But in fact it's not much of the backup, because  it seems there's no need for it to be one. So I used to think of it as an expensive ornament in my apartment...

And I'm glad You like it.

...or them ;).

Well you've got two beautiful rifles then! I am even more jealous than I was before!

Nice one MRF, but you need a fancier flash hider. BCE 2.0 would look good on that build.

Bro, the point is that any time I put something like AAC, or SF or whatever else bling-bling on, the final result is I ALWAYS return to classic, old A2 flash hider.

I really don't know why, but that's how it works ;).

Sick build! Makes me want to throw my M556 back on my gun haha. Also just an FYI that the brake is upside down on your gun. 

Thanks :) yeah i noticed that when I edited the pictures, hoped that no one would notice :D , cant find any good shims to make it rotate to the right position:/ 

Rubber o-ring behind the collet.  Probably not a great idea on a GBBr (fix with loc-tite), but when I'm scratching my head trying to get a muzzle device to line up I find an o-ring often does the trick.  Not always mind because this is airsoft and there's so many different barrels and devices all with different depths of thread and starting positions.  But with an o-ring, some shims and a fair bit of experimentation it's always achievable.

It could be posted in News section, but on the other hand it's still AR picture ;).
From Dytac's FB profile - first 416 I really like ;).
484786_565503716848281_1141056129_n.jpg
URX III and IV rails, now Geissele's rail copies... Well, I hope they know what they're doing, because, first of all, they all look really nice and it would be cool to have them being present on the market a bit longer than a few months ;), second - and that's what bothers me most - I don't think they have any license...

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

Well, I hope they know what they're doing, because, first of all, they all look really nice and it would be cool to have them being present on the market a bit longer than a few months ;), second - and that's what bothers me most - I don't think they have any license...

It's Dytac. They don't give a *suitcase* about IP rights.

• Like 1