AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Very nice! Is that the G&P SMG body? Reproduction handguards and front sight, or did you make your own? Moar photos plz!

Thanks! It's the g&p body (annoyingly the wrong markings) and a home made foregrip and front sight assembly. Both of which are currently made from dichloromethane bonded lasered acrylic which is still in need of some general work to tidy the finish up, but I will be replacing the front sight assembly with cnc'd aluminium when I've got a chance to get it set up!

As for pictures, here's another:

fSnPvNr.jpg

Edited by Deinhardt
  • Like 3

Thanks! It's the g&p body (annoyingly the wrong markings) and a home made foregrip and front sight assembly. Both of which are currently made from dichloromethane bonded lasered acrylic which is still in need of some general work to tidy the finish up, but I will be replacing the front sight assembly with cnc'd aluminium when I've got a chance to get it set up!

As for pictures, here's another:

Awesome! I was thinking about building this just last week. I want to use one of those M231 sliding wire tocks, though.

Do you have any detail pics of the front sight assembly and the handguard? Even the RS guys have to make thier own.

Do you have any detail pics of the front sight assembly and the handguard? Even the RS guys have to make thier own.

The handguards, IIRC, are from the M231 FPW, and RS guys use casts from them. The sights are unique and RS guys took measurements from the real thing and machined copies; you can buy both on AR-15.com and elsewhere.

Edited by PureSilver

The handguards, IIRC, are from the M231 FPW, and RS guys use casts from them. The sights are unique and RS guys took measurements from the real thing and machined copies; you can buy both on AR-15.com and elsewhere.

yeah, I know. That's were I saw they were DIY'ing them. I just wanted to know what could be achieved in plastic and, I assume, by hand.

yeah, I know. That's were I saw they were DIY'ing them. I just wanted to know what could be achieved in plastic and, I assume, by hand.

Hi Chas, I've got dimensions etc, as well as the DXF files that I used to have the blanks cut that I have put details in to. If you are in the UK I'd be happy to send you some bonded blanks (would need some features putting on by hand) for the front sight assembly.