AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

What strikes me is the usefulness of the iron sights on the H&K :) That being said the pistol grip on these those things seems very nice, very nice indeed, looks comfortable. Are they GBB ?

the iron sights on my HK (assuming you're talking about mine) are just backup iron sights. The pistol grip is the tango down pistol grip, and it's the real one (it's actually cheaper than the replica lol) yeah, they're both GBB, the 16 is really a 3 round burst.

...while I am more after Mk2 variant.
It's more classic in the look, and more modular in fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mk4 doesn't allow to attach rails anywhere else than in the front section, where integrated rails already are. Which I consider a flaw - of course I understand it's a matter of personal preference - in this case it doesn't fit my needs, because I used to hold my blasters more like, for example, Pat Rogers than Costa with his "grab-it-far-on-the-end" technique ;).

EDIT: @aznriptide - BTW, what brand receivers do You have on this one and was there any problems with fitting the rail with upper receiver?

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

cheers. what length is that you're running?

13" rail on 14.5" barrel.

EDIT: @aznriptide - BTW, what brand receivers do You have on this one and was there any problems with fitting the rail with upper receiver?

VFC - this one's from a BCM4, while my C4 rail is mounted on a spare Polarstar-sourced upper. The nuts fit correctly, however there's a small gap between the rail and upper (most likely because the ring around the outer barrel is a bit too thick). I did have to take out a good chunk of metal from the upper to fit the Geissele in order for the supporting pieces on the side to slide over correctly.

Edited by aznriptide859

VFC - this one's from a BCM4, while my C4 rail is mounted on a spare Polarstar-sourced upper. The nuts fit correctly, however there's a small gap between the rail and upper (most likely because the ring around the outer barrel is a bit too thick). I did have to take out a good chunk of metal from the upper to fit the Geissele in order for the supporting pieces on the side to slide over correctly.

Thanks!

It sounds like easy modification. My apetite for some RS rail system is growing, and Geissele is on the top of the list this far.

Good point!

PTS AAC flash hider and Mini4 can*

Geissele SMR Mk2

Dytac outer barrel*

Madbull low profile gas block*

Troy BUIS

Prime Colt upper and lower*

Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle

FCC trigger*

FCC BAD *albatross**

Magpul RVG

Hogue grip (modded for PTW by Project PTW)

LMT buffer tube

Magpul CTR stock

CQD rear sling point

Aimpoint T1 2MOA

*Repro