AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Thanks fellas. I was inspired by the Honey Badger but more by a build by Unity Tactical.

Isamu, that's a 5" barrel with an 9" rail. I went as short as I could on the front end, if I had gone shorter the PEQ (battery box) wouldn't fit. Finding a suppressor to fit inside the rail was a pain in the rear, most are slightly too large in diameter.

Regarding the stock, I was lucky and picked it up used here. Once I bought it I knew what the build was going to be. I only wish that the grip angle could be changed for an AEG base, because the PDW grip (while good) is awkward with such a short stock.

Edited by pkm200901

ollie - Sure, from short to less short. There are two adjustment cuts, both at the end of the stock tubes. It's got about the same length as a 1/2 collapsed M4 stock. It's a compact stock, I don't have compact arms. Unfortunately, there's no more room to add length to the stock tubes since the ejection port and bolt catch get in the way.

hiawatha - that's a generic battery box I picked up from a local store. The optic is a Bushnell holosight.

Edited by pkm200901

Awesome as always Ivan le Fou!

Only thing I would change, is that aimpoint M4 to M4S. Just because.

Agreed.

But actually it's not "just because" ;) - M4S is just more slim and better looking. Unfortunately copies are hard to come by...

Question...what uppers are compatible with a VFC lower other than well...another upper from a VFC gun. I'm looking to build a separate upper for my VFC Mk18 Mod0

I don't think any other fits, but You could check King Arms.

I have been thinking, and breaking MRF's balls with questions (:D), about something.

Mostly: issues of compatibility between DYTAC and King Arms. The thing is I have decided to finally sell my Larue 12" to MRF, and it has to be replaced. After a long and intense thinking I decided a URX III 12.5 would be the perfect substitute.

Only a few brands produce it: 5KU (no thank you), G&P and DYTAC (PTW & Marui).

And so, after spending much time harassing MRF with my questions (should I use a PTW or a Marui version to fit on my King Arms upper?), I wonder about the G&P compatibility.
All the shops have close to no information on anything.

dytac will fit on a KA no problem, but G&P runs imperial threading so will not fit on a KA until you rethread the upper. 

in my experience, G&P has the nicest urx III clone. the 5KU comes with white markings and the dytac comes with a loose front site. both issues are non-existent on the G&P

• Like 1