AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Meh haven't really done much to my primary in a while, I leaning on going down to slim fore-end route like many others but I'm kinda split on which to go for.

That aside as mentioned earlier I picked up one of those little T1 protective covers which is pretty nice and matches magpuls OD pretty well.

fesw.jpg

ifzt.jpg
  • Like 4

I absolutely can't do it better in today's lighting conditions, but of course I will in the future... So it's bit blurry today.

Anyway - in courtesy of Ivan. It's longer, bigger, heavier... And awesome. My LaRue after some lenghtening.

Much space. So rail... Wow.

DSC_0646_zps485ccd40.jpg

DSC_0645_zpse7b69842.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

I haven't been here in aaaaaaaaaages... Anyhow, my MRP has got some new fun bits. Namely, an ACM SRS (which is terrifyingly good for the money so far), an Element M300, and OD magpuls to replace the black ones.

*edit* Except I can't embed the photo here all of a sudden... To the site errors board!

post-62438-0-30339900-1390936440_thumb.jpg

Edited by hwagan

I've had one of those SRS sights for a few months now. Have been using it primarily on my LM4 but more recently on my ERG and it has coped perfectly. I played this Sunday with it on my ERG in torrential rain and horrendous mud with no faults at all other than it being so cold my breath fogged the lense which is in no way the sights fault! 

So in summary its coped with massive recoil from an LM4 on black gas, has stood up to the abuse of me chucking my RIFs in the boot and all over the place and has resisted water better than any other optic i've used. All the while it's never lost its zero! Spot on I say! 

Beautiful rifle by the way! 

I've had one of those SRS sights for a few months now. Have been using it primarily on my LM4 but more recently on my ERG and it has coped perfectly. I played this Sunday with it on my ERG in torrential rain and horrendous mud with no faults at all other than it being so cold my breath fogged the lense which is in no way the sights fault! 

So in summary its coped with massive recoil from an LM4 on black gas, has stood up to the abuse of me chucking my RIFs in the boot and all over the place and has resisted water better than any other optic i've used. All the while it's never lost its zero! Spot on I say! 

Beautiful rifle by the way! 

Same with mine man; It's stood up to rain and a good 2,000 rounds through my WOC, with about 500 of those on Co2. No loss of zero, nothing! Definitely the best ACM red dot I've yet used. And cheers! :)

is this SRS the same as the EBairsoft model?

Which ones did both you guys go for? The QD or screw model?

I'm not entirely certain if it's the Ebairsoft version, but the one I went for is this exact one here:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=7023

Cost me about £50 shipped if memory serves, or around that price. It's the unbranded QD version, literally the only thing I can fault it on so far is the fact it needs a single layer of 'leccy tape on the bar so it's tight on a G&P upper receiver rail. Obviously the solar function doesn't work, but who cares? AAA battery powered so no problems if your sight dies the night before a game and you can't get fancy batteries in time. It even comes in a cloned Trijicon box! :P