AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

thks bro.

im looking for something like that, but no bigger then 9"10", is that possible, how much can cost a rail system like this one?

There's an 8" version for $55.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/5ku112-urxii-inch-rail-p-6266.html

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Bladerunner: Is that an RS 9´´ vtac rail ?

The "holes" or what you call them seems off against the madbull version right ?

Once again, supernice looking, i love that Vtac and the Troy battlerail above all other rails.

KEEP IT!!

Thanks for the kind words  :D

It's not RS, it's Madbull.

I do like it but all the cool kids have Centurion Arms and I just want to be part of their group  :P

I wish I'd seen that photo before I got mine. The WML really shows how slim the B5 is. Bought it expecting more and my hands are just too big.

Mine aren't exactly small, but for a short gun with a VFG it's not an issue:

IMAG0461.jpg

Just waiting on my set to arrive, pretty awesome that the MOE accessories integrate.  Using a Magpul cantilever rail is gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the KeyMod light mounts that are available right now.

While the MVG did fit without mods, the B5 is far narrower than the bloated MOE handguard so the profiles don't match up very well:

IMAG0465.jpg

Still, it's better than an handful of picatinny cheesegrater and will do until something better comes along--Unity Tactical has one in the works for example.  

Wowzers, that's a cavernous drop in there, definitely wasn't visible in the side shot.  Like you say though, always better than the 20mil option; like seeing the newest polymer handguard joining teams with some of the oldest designs of pistol grip and stock btw.  I'm gonna use the word juxtaposition, because when else with the chance come up?

In fairness to Magpul the MOEs came out a long old time ago now and they're still serviceable, just got in to a steady relationship and got 'comfy' was all.  Always gonna look frumpy when the early-20s chick in her jeggings shows up.

You also reminded me I need to pick up one of the Fusion hubs (or maybe the VTAC...?).  Probably acquiring a new tube with only a tiny section of rail right at the front soon so it'll be the only candidate for the job.

I shot the AB Arms randomly at a rental range outside Detroit, never even seen them before that point; seemed nice if you like an old school grip.  Personally (as an example) I love my Midwest tube because of the tiny OD, so a thinner polymer handguard is probably going to seem nicer to me, but everyone's going to like different ergonomics end of the day.

Ridiculous "Cool Guy" WE GBBR build.  Unfortunately, the asshats that did my hydrodip f**ked up my upper, so the gun doesn't work (hydro inside upper, can't cycle bolt, receiver fitting too tight, etc.).  At least she looks good from 10' away...

CarRH_zps0efa759e.jpg

Looks awesome. Really amateur move coating the inside of the receiver. Maybe mask the parts you want to keep and get the inside sand blasted?

The whole thing is God awful.  I'll share some close-up pics later.  The company that did it needs to refund me everything I paid, and pay for it to be bead blasted and refinished.  It's unbelievable...

• Like 3

Ridiculous "Cool Guy" WE GBBR build.  Unfortunately, the asshats that did my hydrodip f**ked up my upper, so the gun doesn't work (hydro inside upper, can't cycle bolt, receiver fitting too tight, etc.).  At least she looks good from 10' away...

Just 've seen it on FB.

I can imagine Your frustration about it performance, but still it looks stunning. Great blaster.

• Like 1

The whole thing is God awful. I'll share some close-up pics later. The company that did it needs to refund me everything I paid, and pay for it to be bead blasted and refinished. It's unbelievable...

Have you asked them yet? I wonder if they assumed it was an AEG and therefore didn't need to be masked on the inside. Definitely would ask for a refund and reimbursement for refinish.