AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Have you asked them yet? I wonder if they assumed it was an AEG and therefore didn't need to be masked on the inside. Definitely would ask for a refund and reimbursement for refinish.

I sent an email last night.  I'll be calling to follow up today.  It's possible, but the rail, stock, dust cover, and optic all are equally sh*tty, so it looks more like they just didn't care.

BTW - is this lower cerakoted in burnt bronze?

Yup!  That part was done properly at least...

You can mount an MVG to pretty much anything if you're willing to drill or Dremel things, but it's pretty straightforward in this case: 

Agh, I over-though how you did it :P

In fact I did once on TRX rail and had to remove quite a lot of material from the PTS MVG, matching the outer curve of the tube to prevent rotation and smooth out the joint, but hand sanding that thing was a PITA  :headbutt:

381402_10150510495308620_1972390621_n_zp

edit: Found a "better" pic :P ( pls don't hate me )

Edited by Katotaka
  • Like 1

Agh, I over-though how you did it :P

In fact I did once on TRX rail and had to remove quite a lot of material from the PTS MVG, matching the outer curve of the tube to prevent rotation and smooth out the joint, but hand sanding that thing was a PITA  :headbutt:

*Pix*

edit: Found a "better" pic :P ( pls don't hate me )

Katotaka: When I first saw your picture, I thought you were spraying Starbucks logo on your VFG xD

And here are my iphone photos of my G&P Magpul Defender~ Haven't got around to take photos with my camera yet

photo_zpsa48a7d72.jpg

photo1_zps626f21f9.jpg

photo2_zps0e0ecaa2.jpg

Going to replace that M6x *china made :P* with a Night Evolution Torch.

Other then that, I luv my M4 <3

Edited by [-=O=-]^{Woozie}
  • Like 1

udysypyn.jpg

eja8ejuz.jpg

u6utyry8.jpg

tepy4ysy.jpg

2urypunu.jpg

3u3ahady.jpg

This my pride and joy!

WE M4 Open Bolt

Real Peq15

Real Eotech XPS3 + STS G33

Real Surefire M952V

Plus RA Steel upgrades for Internals

Real BCM charging handle

Tight bore

RA Hop

RA Heavy Bolt and Buffer Kit

Pretty much the ultimate GBB..

"Assumption is mother of all *fruitcage* ups!"

Edited by Siavash
  • Like 1

So how many times does the total of all the RS gear eclipse the cost of the WE? lol

To be honest i dont care about the price too much. Its cause over the 8 years ive been buying and playing airsoft i found the clone optics just break. I have had clone eotechs ghost me and loads more so why pay -$150 for a G&P one when i rather put another $150 and buy a new real one that will retain its value and never fail me.

Also when i play milsim games (which is a lot) i can use all my gear with My PVS14's.

I buy all my gear for use ability. It might not be on this gun all the time but weather its on my Sopmod or Mp7..i know it will never give my position away or fail me!

Plus dont hate lol..

"Assumption is mother of all *fruitcage* ups!"

• Like 1