AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Real PEQ15s have had two-three different bodies over the years. They do come with front screws that are waterproofed in place. The body could be the older style in which the serial number was on the sticker on the side and not laser engraved into the body. It looks like a black unit that was painted tan. However what seems highly suspect is the plug.

Let's post some more AR15s with real stuff  :)

Vipertech SR16 x Noveske 12.5 Crusader Switchblock Upper

• Vipertech SR-16 Ambi Lower w/ Steel FCG
  • Prime 2011 Steel Bolt Carrier w/ G&P Negative Pressure Nozzle
  • Madbull 12.5 Noveske Crusader Barrel modded to WA spec
  • PTS AAC Blackout burnt to a shiny black finish
  • Madbull Noveske Switchblock
  • Magpul MOE K2, CTR, XTM Enhanced Rit Dye'd to grey *
  • LMT Receiver Extension *
  • Magpul MSS Sling Mount *
  • Noveske MUR-1A *
  • Noveske marked BCM Gunfighter MOD3 *
  • Noveske Switchblock 9.5 handguard *
  • Noveske Troy Rear/Front BUIS *
  • Noveske Switchblock Gas Tube *
  • Noveske Dust Cover *
  • Noveske K9 *
  • KAC Handstop + Thumbstop + Stippled Rail Panels*
  • Wilson Combat 10/2 Sling Mount *

Real stuff = *

i4ruvrhCOaYaq.JPG

itTkSgwizE6zJ.JPG

iqouGyUK5hCdU.JPG

ibvYLgvb2pBOyt.JPG

jYQd5l17uRU36.JPG

jbjaYx8BuGI63L.JPG

• Like 2

480 USD for a fake PEQ is a bit hilarious. Is it legal to own a real PEQ15 in the US as a civilian?

yes, it is. they are technically illegal to sell models with over powered lasers, but owning them isn't strictly illegal. AN makes a couple models with civi legal lasers too.

Sadly I'm missing a real switchblock, I tried to stay true to the noveske complete uppers (which use a pinned not clamp-on switchblock) So I settled for the madbull. It's nicely finished.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-noveske-rifleworks-adjustable-gas-block-for-m4-m16-barrel.html#.Uxgq8vldV7I

I'd rather use this for now than buy a real clamp-on one. Perhaps down the line I will purchase a real complete switchblock barrel (and sell the barrel) or see if i cant find someone selling their pinned switchblock only.

The madbull one is pinned as you can tell from the pictures. It's to be used in conjunction with their noveske aeg barrels.

also Hiawatha:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1444952_Another_Magpul___Rit_Dye_success_____stealth_grey_.html

I was too lazy to wait for stealth gray stuff to come out., the base for all the dyed parts were real magpul fde components  :)

Edited by kagami

How's the K2 grip? been mulling over this or the Umbrella Corp one

The K2 grip is definitely more filling than the Umbrella or BCM grip, its very easy to imagine just looking at the pictures. The distinguishing feature for me is the hump which naturally indexes the web of your palm higher up, it's very consistent which I like.

The new magpul grip texture is really aggressive which can be a plus depending on how you look at it. When I switch back to my MIAD it feels a lot more "plush" and comfortable holding with bare hands but in a game I definitely would prefer the K2's texture.