AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

The thing I don't get about keymod is you have to add rail to put your lights grips laseers etc on, why not make them keymod compatible and really start saving weight?  Oh yeah and dump the top rail for keymod as well.

Edited by BigAl
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Dont get me wrong MRF I love my MK18 and Sopmod block 2 guns/rails too its just all these low drag guns look really sexy and if I made a civi style gun i may be able to resist bolting loads of addition widgets and doodads on the gun in order to make it look "just right" and have a nice slick gun. Issue is i've bought into the TM recoil guns and I dont think I could buy another AEG that wasnt recoil so building one would cost a few £££ and having just finnished off my Devgru gun funds are a little hard to come by at the moment, and you can never have too many guns!

(by the way CKinnerley I assume it was you that I saw pop up on the TM recoil page on face book? that group is really good, its funny Spetsnazdave seems to have joined as well, its nice to see a few familiar Arnies faces appearing on there)

Now I feel responsible for this keymod thing off topic... ;)
OK, then for retribution - My LaRue shortened and stripped of unnecessary stuff. Let's assume it's kind of KISS build in this form. I intend to use it in the same configuration in 12.0 variant.
13124150823_d2c4ef850a_b.jpg
Only thing missing, is the flashlight, but I haven't ordered it yet. Hasitate between Emerson X300 or Element/ACM M300 in black.
Apart from it I need to replace rear sling attachment, because this one has a little flaw. For final touches I plan to add PTS Battle Arms ambi selector and replace magazine catch for something more eye catchy. BTW - any suggestion? I searched ehobby and WGC but in fact haven't found anything special. My goal is to find a replacement without this fugly screw mounting button of the catch...
And on the top of those, RS MBUS in BK. I would love to buy my favourite Troy Battle Sights, but this price...

And that would be all.
BTW - believe me folks, I am more and more tired of changing things in my replicas. It would be easier if I could afford any RS stuff I like, but mostly I can't. Let's say that afformentioned MBUS or some stock with price tag within $100 it's the top of my reach. 

Sometimes I feel that buying TM SCAR would be a salvation to me. Just slap accesories from AR, and it's done, while I don't like all available SCAR replacement parts in airsoft very much.

Meh... I guess some kind of hobby crisis got me.

Edited by MRF

Custom Colt (80s) M653/M654 GBB. This time M654!

1au9pfnqloc.jpg

2rn65p9z7sb.jpg3zuwbj1hnsf.jpg

4y9td7egasw.jpg

5l91km40i85.jpg

Specs:
Bomber M16A1 Lower Receiver (Aluminum 6063) (CNC Process)
G&P WA Parts: M653 Steel Outer Barrel, M16A1 Flashider (14mm+), Hammer Set (WP11), M4 Steel Sear (WP33), M4 Bearing Hammer Pin Set (WP34), M4 Hammer Lock (WP57), Steel Bolt Stop (WP51),

Steel Magazine Catch, Steel Selector (WP69), M4 Steel Trigger (WP84) & Buttstock Speed Buffer (WP95)
Inokatsu M4 Super Bolt (Steel) 2010 Version
Iron Airsoft 1003k WA Stain Hop Up Round
RA-TECH Recoil Spring (Summer Type)
Prime M4 Metal Hop Up Chamber Set (Marui version)
Madbull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (363mm) & X spacer
Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)
Real Parts: AR15/M16A1 Delta Ring Set, Barrel Nut & Gas Tube - Carbine Length
Colt Parts: Handguard Cap Round, M16A1 Upper Receiver with M4 Feed Ramps, AR15/M16 Charging Handle Assembly, AR15/M16A1 Front Sight Assembly, AR15/M16A1 Pistol Grip, AR15/M16A1 Trigger Guard Assembly, Gas Tube Pin, Front Sight Pins, A2 Carbine Handguard, Military Fiberlite Stock with early 2 Position Pipe & Standard Carbine Buffer
Optional: Colt 604 Upper Receiver with M4 Feed Ramps
Optic: Aimpoint 2000 Sight (1985) with Standard Mount Rings & Colt AR15 Carry Handle

cheers

orb

• Like 7

FYI, that is not a 604 upper. It looks more like a late sp1. The lower is also off (B&W photo helps) but still a good looking replica.

For the uninitiated, could you explain the differences? I know it could be either because it has no forward assist or brass deflector, but that's where my knowledge ends :)

It looks like some hybrid of LaRue mount and Eotech EXPS clamp with American Defense markings... Airsoft market will never stop to amaze me... ;)

LOL! You are right!

I was search all over the web to find what sort of mount it is~

To it defense thou, the Dot on this T1 is very very clear, and it has 11 brightness setting, unlike the G&P Red/Green dots.

Also, according to the shop keeper who I bought it from, he told me that this T1 can withstand the vibration of the GBBR and can hold it zero. Not that I would know since I don't have a GBBR :P But that EXPS clamp is doing its job really well.

Edited by [-=O=-]^{Woozie}

For the uninitiated, could you explain the differences? I know it could be either because it has no forward assist or brass deflector, but that's where my knowledge ends :)

For an exact replica this 604 Upper isn't correct. But it was quite cheap and I will mostly use my other complete M653 Upper which is 100% correct.

It's just nice to have a second upper. I really don't care about the color difference of Upper/Lower Receiver. I'm really digging the small things which makes a build.

Like the Oldstyle Dust Cover, Colt Handguard Cap & Grey Colt Trigger Guard.

Edited by oRb

For an exact replica this 604 Upper isn't correct. But it was quite cheap and I will mostly use my other complete M653 Upper which is 100% correct.

It's just nice to have a second upper. I really don't care about the color difference of Upper/Lower Receiver. I'm really digging the small things which makes a build.

Like the Oldstyle Dust Cover, Colt Handguard Cap & Grey Colt Trigger Guard.

I'm far from an expert but I enjoy collecting real gun retro AR's (unfortunately, lowers forged by a company here called NDS) and even have made airsoft replicas of them. So I am sensitive to even the smallest of details that no one cares about. Again, given that it's extremely difficult to make a good retro airsoft carbine, it's a great looking replica and can't be more closer to the real gun counterpart.

I won't get into too much detail here, but the forge pattern and rear sight wheel on the upper is not correct (based on Black Rifle Vol 1 which I use a base for what is generally "correct"). Proofed uppers without the forge markings are indeed rare, but that rear sight wheel doesn't look right and might have been replaced. The fact that someone carved carbine or rifle feed ramps into an A1 upper is also not a good sign.

For the lower, it's not just the color and anodizing that is off. The biggest problem are the roll marks that PRIME made...it does not reflect a Colt carbine, but a rifle (or a Mk12 or Mk18)..the fact is that Colt never made a US property marked A1 type carbine (also wished someone made a proper A1 selector). The argument can be made for a USAF carbine, but the serial range is not correct for USAF. Fiberlite stocks started to be used by Colt around 1984 so I have seen commercial 600 series carbines with them, but are extremely rare or replaced. From what I understand, most of the commercial Colt carbines that made it to the US military through "commercial off the shelf" (COTS Program - A1 type carbines were never type classified by the US between the XM177 and M4) were prior to this so they are generally found with aluminum 2-positions.

Edited by BaBaBooey