AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I'm far from an expert but I enjoy collecting real gun retro AR's (unfortunately, lowers forged by a company here called NDS) and even have made airsoft replicas of them. So I am sensitive to even the smallest of details that no one cares about. Again, given that it's extremely difficult to make a good retro airsoft carbine, it's a great looking replica and can't be more closer to the real gun counterpart.

I won't get into too much detail here, but the forge pattern and rear sight wheel on the upper is not correct (based on Black Rifle Vol 1 which I use a base for what is generally "correct"). Proofed uppers without the forge markings are indeed rare, but that rear sight wheel doesn't look right and might have been replaced. The fact that someone carved carbine or rifle feed ramps into an A1 upper is also not a good sign.

For the lower, it's not just the color and anodizing that is off. The biggest problem are the roll marks that PRIME made...it does not reflect a Colt carbine, but a rifle (or a Mk12 or Mk18)..the fact is that Colt never made a US property marked A1 type carbine (also wished someone made a proper A1 selector). The argument can be made for a USAF carbine, but the serial range is not correct for USAF. Fiberlite stocks started to be used by Colt around 1984 so I have seen commercial 600 series carbines with them, but are extremely rare or replaced. From what I understand, most of the commercial Colt carbines that made it to the US military through "commercial off the shelf" (COTS Program - A1 type carbines were never type classified by the US between the XM177 and M4) were prior to this so they are generally found with aluminum 2-positions.

Well I used the best parts I could get. I know it can't be 100% correct without a complete RS Receiver (Upper & Lower).

But I'm glad I have an A1 marked Prime Lower. Good enough ;)

The SP1 Upper had an interesting price tag. That's why I don't care if some parts have been replaced once. It looks nice to me and it has the original finish.

The aluminum 2-position stocks are very rare and expensive. About 400USD for a complete set.

I have seen 654 Type Carbines with the plastic stock too.

I'm looking all the time for parts to improve my airsoft collection. Nothing is ever finished.

Btw. my 653 Upper:

653fny2x1bwei.jpg

The complete Upper will be finished soon.

cheers

orb

Edited by oRb

Polarstar finally built! :D I've been waiting for this for so long! Just waiting for a few final touches! So very happy with it!

I'm not a massive fan of the 416 stock on it, but other than that that's a damn nice build - And my opinion on the stock doesn't matter in the slightest anyway ;) Take it the MVG is mounted straight on the rail?

Admittedly it is a bit of a marmite gun. But shouldered its perfect. I love the look of the stock, especially collapsed with the arms over the receiver. I wanted a very very compact DMR and that's definitely what I got! The range and accuracy is absolutely fantastic. Like nothing I've ever used before!

Admittedly it is a bit of a marmite gun. But shouldered its perfect. I love the look of the stock, especially collapsed with the arms over the receiver. I wanted a very very compact DMR and that's definitely what I got! The range and accuracy is absolutely fantastic. Like nothing I've ever used before!

It definitely looks handy for sneaking around woodland and picking people off, no doubt about that. Is the scope the Visionking jobby? I really would like one of those for my next build, once I figure out a way to pay for it! Done anything special to the hop or is it just the P* consistency?

Yup its a Vision King.. Really can't fault it. I'm not going to rave about it as much as I will the SRS as I don't think anything can match that. But it has one of the clearest optics I've used in airsoft and the price is fantastic to be honest. I highly recommend one! In fact thinking about it, the SRS would look pretty sexy on the build! How have I not thought about that?!

The rifle itself though really is lovely to use, I just finished building it today so I haven't fielded it yet but its fantastic on my range. It's using a ProWin hop chamber, guarder clear rubber with h-nub and a Orga Magnus HD 6.13 barrel. Soon to be changed for a 6.23!

EDIT: It also looks a heck of a lot more balanced with the magazine in! 

Edited by DeltaZero

Awesome Deltazero!

How is the fitting of FCU and battery in your setup ? 

Im awaiting my own p* kit and added complete package with Prowin chamber, prometheus purple bucking, Firefly flat nub and a orga magnus 6,23 363 mm.

Really excited to see how this will perform 

Awesome Deltazero!

How is the fitting of FCU and battery in your setup ? 

Im awaiting my own p* kit and added complete package with Prowin chamber, prometheus purple bucking, Firefly flat nub and a orga magnus 6,23 363 mm.

Really excited to see how this will perform 

Thats my set up too pretty much but I have a 303mm barrel. The Battery and FCU are in the NSR rail system. I had to dremel the barrel profiling down slightly to make it work properly but it works now! Luckily I don't to take it out often! 

Considered picking up a Dropwing?  For a slightly shorter tube like that one (compared to a 15 or 13" for example) it'd work pretty nicely, particularly compared to the Thorntail you had before.

Nice Samson btw.  Like the handstop setup on there, no fuss, just straight on.

Edited by CKinnerley

Come on, Folks.

I have only two ARs. I can't post pics of those over and over again, because it's boring.

And this is AR picture thread ;).

:P :P :P

So what? I have been posting pics of the same AR during the last pages. Just showing different configurations each and every time.

Come on! I know you have stuff to show! :D