AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

G5 DMR

Love the rifle - hate that stock!

Seriously, where/how do You get all of this RS stuff from...

America; it's not too complicated. There are users on here who will help you export stuff from the US if you ask nicely.

Bomber M16A2 with M203.

The only rifle ever to look better with a UGL than without (possible exception - VFC SR16E3 Blaster); that vented heatshield is just so good...

Update on my P*. Rerouted the FCU into the dinky stock tube and the battery is sitting in the pistol grip. It is such a small battery! 150mah 7.4 Lipo.. perfect for the FCU, not enough grunt to pull a ERG RM4 mind you! 

Think this is how it will stay for a while now! I'm done fiddling around with it, its so much hassle to take apart! Maybe a tracer for night games/stealth but nothing more! The short dot was nice but I'm playing more nightgames/CQB at the moment so no need for anything other than a dot. 

And like I said.. looks much more balanced with a mag in it! 

IMG_7773-1.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 2

DeltaZero I love that setup. It's almost Gundam Blaster-ish.

Thanks matey, I am very chuffed with it! Keep looking at it thinking about things to change with it already I must admit. I've told so many people where to get that stock now its kinda ruined the originality for me.. Guess I'll have to find something different! 

Thanks matey, I am very chuffed with it! Keep looking at it thinking about things to change with it already I must admit. I've told so many people where to get that stock now its kinda ruined the originality for me.. Guess I'll have to find something different!

I don't think that matters mate. We saw it here first!

one without the rug for the rug o phobics !  :)

You missread my point... ;) I was reffering more to Ivan's famous rug/carpet/whatever pics :D.

But now it looks better in fact ! :D A lot better. That's the problem with pictures - the same stuff may look completely different. Attractive way or just the opposite.

The era of photoshop is a one big lie ;).

Edited by MRF

I never liked those bulky QD fittings hanging six inches off the gun.  How about running the narrow line all the way from the air box to a QD at the regulator, and while you're at it have it exit the receiver under the buffer tube so it blends in with the sling.  

Nice rifle though, apart from the hose.  

I never liked those bulky QD fittings hanging six inches off the gun. How about running the narrow line all the way from the air box to a QD at the regulator, and while you're at it have it exit the receiver under the buffer tube so it blends in with the sling.

Nice rifle though, apart from the hose.

That would just make it awkward to put the rifle down if you've got so much airline attached to the actual rifle. The narrow line is also weaker and more vulnerable than the braided hose, the hose doesn't get in the way and it makes sense to have the protection around it!

As for running the air line out of the receiver. It makes sense but there are also quite a few draw backs from it. The narrow air line isn't actually as flexible as you would imagine so it would mean you wouldn't be able to collapse the stock fully as it would get in the way. It also means it'd put slight pressure on the rifle when you're actually shouldering it. Having it out of the pistol grip makes so much sense. It doesn't actually get in the way as you would expect and it gives the rifle a lot of freedom to move. If you're worried about it getting in the way you can get a coiled airline that springs. I've just got one and it's fantastic though I need to get the connectors sorted out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2