AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

G&P have done very similar bodies as well, exactly those markings but G&P's don't come with the screw pins, although they could easily be replacements - How does the upper mount? Is it front pin secures the upper, rear pin secures the gearbox? Either way, damn nice for the money you paid! :P

You are correct, the Front pin secures the upper, the rear secures the gearbox :)

And thanks xD 

You won't believe how many 2nd hand airsoft stuff are being sold in HK 2nd hand forums right now. People will sell their stuff 20% off when they have bought them like 2 or 3 days before.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

13662133304_ae5f66557b_b.jpg

13661789405_ffd80dbcc3_b.jpg

13662133544_eab0099c96_b.jpg

This has been a project for about 2 years. Probably my most expensive gun...

What it has:

EXTERNALS

- Inokatsu 2009 M4A1 lower receiver - Forge line removed, prepping for re-anodizing

- Inokatsu 2009 10.3" Steel Outer Barrel

- Vipertech FSB with Tapered pins

- RS Colt gas tube

- RS KAC RAS

- RS Colt Hand Guard Cap

- RS Colt Delta Ring Assembly

- RS Colt 6920 M4 Upper Receiver

- RS Colt Dust Cover

- RS Colt Forward Assist

- RS Colt Charging Handle

- RS Colt A1 Pistol Grip

- RS Colt Trigger Guard

- RS Colt 4 Position Buffer Tube

- RS Colt Buffer Retainer Pin & Spring

- RS COlt Castle Nut

- RS LMT Sopmod Gen 2 Stock

- RS Colt Buffer & Buffer Spring

- RS Colt Pivot and Takedown Springs & Pins

- RS Magpul ASAP

INTERNALS

- Custom Carbon Steel w/ Heat Treated Hammer

- Custom Carbon Steel w/ Heat Treated Disconnector

- Inokatsu Steel Trigger

- IA FA Sear and Sear Pin

- Vipertech FA Selector

- Inokatsu GFPA

Everything that CAN be real IS real. And I went with all genuine colt parts!

• Like 2

you don't like my iphotography? :)

thanks! I actually have a handful of colt parts that I can't use :(

Colt FSB, Colt Tapered pins, Colt Full Auto Sear, Colt Auto Sear Pin, Colt FA Selector :(

The buffer retainer will destroy airsoft buffers lol. It took a chunk off my Vipertech Direct Impact Buffer... brand new! So I used the colt one instead :)

thanks! I actually have a handful of colt parts that I can't use :(

Colt FSB, Colt Tapered pins, Colt Full Auto Sear, Colt Auto Sear Pin, Colt FA Selector :(

That's useful to know - is that the pins for the FSB that don't fit?

Why can't you use a real FSB?

The outer diameter of the Inokatsu barrel under the FSB is either very slightly too small or too large, I believe.

The alignment of the holes are off. You can get one hole to line up, but the other hole is completely mis aligned. The pins are also a different size than airsoft size for the tapered pins (for the FSB) The only way to get the FSB to work is if you file the outer barrel (the front guide of the tapered pin) so that it's quite a bit longer. Reason why I didn't do this is because I may just want an airsoft FSB on my 10.3" barrel... I love the 10.3 CQBR/MK18 look, but I think ultimately, I'm gonna want a 14.5....

• Like 1

I'm diggin' it Hwagan.

Can it be a thing to mill out the gas ports in the bolt?

Thanks man - And I doubt it's possible unfortunately, or not all the way through at least - The BCG acts as the cylinder, so poking holes in it would be bad.. Saying that, I might try black paint in the 2 holes that are already there just to give the same look from a couple of feet away. 

You are correct, the Front pin secures the upper, the rear secures the gearbox :)

And thanks xD 

You won't believe how many 2nd hand airsoft stuff are being sold in HK 2nd hand forums right now. People will sell their stuff 20% off when they have bought them like 2 or 3 days before.

That'll be a G&P receiver then I reckon, or at least a clone of one! Saying that all the clones I've seen tend to use VFC or TM style receiver designs, and those trades definitely match G&P Colt bodies. 

And the problem is, I do believe it, I just don't live in HK to enjoy the benefits! :P

RO733 GBB Clone (Version 2.0):

105z7gjsheq.jpg

21kds7obg4j.jpg

3vf7oqgdsmk.jpg

469i5fe3agm.jpg

5l9beshr6yf.jpg

My finished R0733 GBB Clone. I haven't used much Colt stuff this time but it looks accurate atleast.

The Upper is a Bushmaster C7. Barrel is a Viper-Tech M733.

Most of the M733s came without a bayonet lug at the Frontsight but this picture of a Colt catalogue proofs the opposite too:

35327coltcatals3tl5miak0.jpg

Specs:

Bomber M733 Lower Receiver (Aluminum 6063) (CNC Process)
G&P WA Parts: Hammer Set (WP11), M4 Steel Sear (WP33), M4 Bearing Hammer Pin Set (WP34), M4 Hammer Lock (WP57), Steel Bolt Stop (WP51), Steel Magazine Catch, Steel Selector (WP69), M4 Steel Trigger (WP84) &

Buttstock Speed Buffer (WP95)
Inokatsu M4 Super Bolt (Steel) 2010 Version
VIPER TECH Parts: M733/M933 11.5 inch Steel GBB Outer Barrel (12mm CW) & XM177 GBB Stock Ring
Iron Airsoft 1003k WA Stain Hop Up Round
RA-TECH Recoil Spring (Summer Type)
Prime M4 Metal Hop Up Chamber Set (Marui version)
Madbull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (300mm) & X spacer
Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)
Real Parts: AR15/M16A2 Flash Hider with Peel Off Washer, Delta Ring Set, Barrel Nut, Gas Tube - Carbine Length, Handguard Cap Round & H Buffer
Bushmaster Parts: Complete A1 Upper Receiver Assembly & Standard Charging Handle Assembly
Colt Parts: AR15/M16A1 Front Sight Assembly, Gas Tube Pin, Front Sight Pins, AR15/M16A2 Pistol Grip, AR15/M16A1 Trigger Guard Assembly, A2 Carbine Handguard & Military Fiberlite Stock with early 2 Position Stock Pipe
Pro Win GI 30 Style 51 Rounds Magazine For WA-Compatible GBB M4 Series (Gen 2)
Optic: Aimpoint 3000 3MOA Sight (1989) with Standard Mount Rings & A.R.M.S #2 M16A1A2 Scope Mount (Colt Branded)

cheers

orb

Edited by oRb
  • Like 3

Orb do you use the same base gun and swap out the different parts for each build or is each build a completely new rifle? If theyre all separate rifles, bloody hell! That's one heck of an armoury you've got yourself! How many in total are you at now? Wouldn't want to imagine the value!

Lovely piece again as usual. As soon as I see "oRb" in the last poster of this thread I always get excited! 

• Like 1

Its a complete new build of course. I only have a swap out m653 upper for some other build to change easy between m654 and m653.

I have a couple of GBB Rifles. Some aren't finished yet. But should be done soon.

Currently have finished: M653/M654, M16A2, M733, M727, M4A1, HK416, INO CQBR

I'm glad you like my builds. Thanks!

Edited by oRb
  • Like 1