AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Can we have some group photos?

Because some would like to see.

That's most of my Assault Rifle GBB stuff. Some other projects aren't finished yet but should be done soon.

Left to right: M733, M727, M654, M16A2

Bottom: Inokatsu CQBR

1ups0bxlnic.jpg2o4xz32y51r.jpg4jcol27raen.jpg

I forgot my HK416. (Iron Airsoft Base with alot of RS stuff! Mostly H&K furniture.

3e5uj2r4w8k.jpg

I also forgot my M4A1... sry folks ;)

5uizbqtr4ve.jpg6pvn1743b8h.jpg

cheers

orb

Edited by oRb
  • Like 4

Am I a complete douche if my reaction to that was "Wait, whut, I thought he said "not cheap"..." $45-$75 bucks :o

Price is relative...I wouldn't pay that much for a set of handguards.

You can get fake or repro slim handguards for like a $1. If you know what to look for, you can very easily tell they are fakes.

Four or five years ago, the very same genuine Colt take-off slim handguards were in the $0.25 bin at shows and stores. People were throwing them away and replacing them with rails. Same thing with short Colt 20 rounders marked .223/"1"...they were about a $5 each, but now about anywhere between $20 to $75 EACH based on condition and they don't come up for sale very often. The cost for Vietnam era UI, Simmons, and Adventure Line magazines are also getting much higher now, sometimes more than Colt's, and hard to find in working condition.

• Like 1

G&P Woc build #2

G&P Magpul traded body

Ra tech 3 round burst steel trigger group

12.5" Madbull Daniel defence rail

Magpul ctr stock.

Magpul MOE pistol grip.

G&P Scorpion Series Green Laser and light combo

Short dot sight

Larue scope mount

Rainier arms raptor charging handle

2upaqa3e.jpg

4anetynu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not a great fan of the Scorpion light... :/

Where did you get your short dot scope by the way?

You can't complain when someone hands you a £185 tac light for selling their kit for them, they are the best kind of friends

Short dot I got off a friend, then tracked them down and ordered in some more, hopefully it's the same type and we will be stocking them if they are decent

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rist47.jpg

2i3qeh.jpg

Pretty much finished with this one! Just gotta rewire the gearbox (front wiring, ew, but the things i do to use that stock...)

G&P Magpul MOE Base

G&P VLTOR MUR

VFC HK416c Stock

PTS Emags

PTS MVG

Madbull PWS Diablo

Element Surefire M300 Clone w/ TSC Gear Sector Mount Clone

PTS MBUS Rear + a clone front MBUS

G&P PEQ-15 Battery Box w/ Laser

Next up is the internals revamp and trying to make as clean a front wiring job as possible.

Edited by Krydel
  • Like 2

Lovely rifle I just admit, a very good idea using that combination of parts! Time to change mine! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry, but also not sorry at all, for pinching the stock idea! You'll always win with that lovely JP Rifles receiver though :D

Edited by Krydel

Pics with the stock extended?

+1 on the flash hider though, but if you like, that's awesome.

Sweet project!

Yeah, pretty sure nobody who has seen this likes the compensator, but hey, i like it! 

ilftz7.jpg

Stock extended. Sorry about the poor lighting.

Having a bit of trouble with the barrel nut not tightening up enough so you can unscrew the barrel if you apply a not-that-big-amount-of pressure opposite ways on the receiver and the rail. Have just moved the t1 down slightly for extra security though.

Edited by Krydel

Looks pretty sweet. Is it the stock nice, no wobbles etc?

Good luck with the wiring, will it be peq box, or in the rail?

There's wires coming from he box.

Looks good. I'm not a fan of the PWS comp but even with it the rifle looks great.

My guns got a little paint, made to blend in normal swedish woods (mostly pinetrees)

Normal bowflage, tried to do a little net pattern on the M16 Stock but it was not as nice as my Ops core so I ditched that idea.

Wanted to add a bit of brown colour but I had no brown colour...

1921210_10202983537685345_78938134774546

10257407_10202983537645344_2023384899303

Edited by Robinio
  • Like 4