AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I think you need a 1-4x scope on that SR-16, is that a 16" barrel on there?

It is man yeah, G&P/Bomber are now doing one with a 17.5" barrel and an exposed gas block, I think Ehobby have it in for the same price as this one.

x2

A short dot would do nicely.

I've actually got one of the visionking ones, but I'm still waiting on being able to afford the mount for it, because I spent all my money on the SR16. Worth it.

Edited by hwagan

Getting to this stage is the part I find annoying, if you want a mid-length gas tube you've often got to chop down a rifle length (and probably had to buy that tube specially since you may well not own anything with that length system), hope to the airsoft gods that X brand of gas block gets along with Y brand barrel, on top of actually finding a low-pro block you like in stock in the first place.  Then getting that *fruitcage* *TINY* spring pin started to hold the tube is just even more fun.

13929704492_defa606a3c_b.jpg

I like it once this bit's done though.  When it comes to any sort of a weapon be it real or airsoft I like to start from small parts, work up to larger assemlbies/sub-assemblies then bolt those all together for the maximum satisfaction of the end result.

• Like 1

KMR looking good CK, just read Dytac doing a replica, at CAD stage right now.

Cheers, good news.  I guess they'll just use standard metals so probably won't be as light but it should still be one of the lightest extended forends on the airsoft market purely because of the geometry.

I was a tad cheesed off that M-LOK was announced literally a few days after attaching the thing, but then again I hardly mount any accessories apart from 1-2 things on the 20mm so it doesn't really change the game much in the grand scheme.  Looking forward I think carbon fibre with modularity (be it proprietary, KeyMod or otherwise) along the 12 o/clock will be the way to go for maximum shaving of unused rail; certainly the only way I can think to go lighter than this.  All that said this thing is still disturbingly light and I feel confident it'll be a real pleasure to skirmish, should have hardly any arm ache towards the end of the day; which is usually the preserve of plastic guns.  Even my 12" TM SOCOM with mid-length MOE handguards is heavier up front than this thing, though admittedly  that's almost all in the gas block/foresight.  I think once the trend for ever lighter rifles crosses over from the real AR world in to airsoft (as is slowly happening with gear) people will really start to appreciate the difference, especially after such a long period of long quad rails being highly popular.

Edited by CKinnerley

Primary Arms T-1, same as always on everything heh.  I've decided not to bother with BUIS with a lot of my new builds, I've never once used them on all my previous guns so it's adding not-inconsiderable weight and cost to a gun for literally no reason at all.  Even aesthetically I prefer guns without them now.

Will take a little while to phase them out since I've got a lot of gas blocks with built in flip-ups and I might still keep a few for outdoor setup/magnified optics guns... might still occasionally slap some on for pictures since there's a few new interesting designs out there, but that's obviously a lot to spend just for a look.  Overall though I've gone off the idea personally, specially since they get in the way of the best place for mounting lights.

Edited by CKinnerley

Looks hot indeed!

Meanwhile my OA-15 M8 is in pieces, awaiting some upgrade parts and taped in preparation for its second paint job. Wasn't happy with the first one. Upgrade barrel arrived today, awaiting hopup chamber, bucking and suppressor in order to be able to insert the longer barrel. PLEASE HURRY UP HONG KONG POST  :rolleyes: