AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

The top pictures are of an ARES M110 SASS. The bottom is a beautified A&K SR25K. Just testament to the idea that it doesn't have to be expensive to look nice  :D

You'll likely see some more pictures of the M110 in the coming weeks as I have plans of getting a repro Leupold optic (or short dot) with either a canted T1 or a canted doctor sight.

Isamu: Battle rifles have become my pride and joy of airsoft. 5.56 rifles just feel too small to me. You should build one.

The top pictures are of an ARES M110 SASS. The bottom is a beautified A&K SR25K. Just testament to the idea that it doesn't have to be expensive to look nice  :D

You'll likely see some more pictures of the M110 in the coming weeks as I have plans of getting a repro Leupold optic (or short dot) with either a canted T1 or a canted doctor sight.

Isamu: Battle rifles have become my pride and joy of airsoft. 5.56 rifles just feel too small to me. You should build one.

If I may ask, what is the length of the A&K? I'm not a very tall guy (1,78m) so that's why I prefer carbine length weapons, but those SR25s look awesome as hell. 

Edited by Vortix

Legionnaire759: Thanks for the info, mate! I have been toying with the idea of a 7.62 AR-like gun for some time and the A&K seems to be the cheapest option from the upgrade and midcaps point of view... I believe it is almost V2 and AR compatible, right?

Vortix: I believe the SR25 from A&K is slightly longuer than an M4A1 as It has a 14" outer barrel

Certainly, 363mm is the length of most M4A1 barrels, but I meant that judging by taiwan gun inner barrel length and a slightly longuer flash hider, the sr25 should be the same size or slightly longuer than a regular M4A1 and the outer barrel be the same size or slightly longuer as well.

The barrel length doesn't take into account the flash hider though.. According to some retailers the actual outer barrel of the SR25K is ~13.5" so it will, by definition, be smaller than the 14.5" M4A1 barrel. Granted overall you need to take into account flash hider.

EDIT: After doing some more research it seems the overall barrel length including flash hider is 380mm so it really does depend on what flash hider is on the M4A1. With the standard birdcage flash hider I would imagine they were almost the same. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Why? AEGs are so beautiful... why tarnish a gun with a hose?

Im sorry for the offtopic

Im quite torn on the base decision, A&K is cheaper, more compatible and mags are cheaper, the ARES has a sexyer lower receiver but propietary mags and is less compatible... so difficult decision (sad panda)

Because the range and consistent accuracy I can get with my P* is something I've never been able to match no matter what combination of parts I try and I think I've tried them all, along with the fact mine is practically silent. I have a good variety of AEGs and they all have their place and are used for certain roles but the P* just outperforms them all. The complete lack of maintenance needed, ease of use and second to none trigger response. Add the fact that with the FCU it is a completely programmable tool you can't go wrong.

I don't want to start the "P* am bestest" argument again as it's been done to death but personally I think the pros outweigh the cons, granted having a hose attached isn't exactly the best solution but once you get playing you honestly don't even notice it.  

Edited by DeltaZero

Yep, the SR25k is the same length (if not an inch longer) as an M4, just beefier. As far as compatibility, the A&K runs an elongated Ver.2 gearbox. A quick Google search should tell you the one or two proprietary parts as I can't think of them off the top of my head. Lately I have been keeping all of my guns stock other than R-Hopping the hop-up and I have been more than pleased with their performances. Upgrades and other things will come down the road if they ever decide to break. 

I asked the guy making the "tech" I need in my guns and said that, stock, the A&k has some compression consistency problems, did you find them in your gun Legionnaire? barrel and bucking wise Im planning on using an rhoped ICS chamber/bucking/barrel I had in an old and retired ICS M4

Actually 363 mm is not maximum You can put into what we used to call 14,5 inch outer barrel. Even my 380 mm Prommy for Masada doesn't cover whole inner length of it. Maximum is 390 mm. I guess the problem is there must be some difference between how the lengths of the real M4 barrel and its replica are measured. I mean the starting point...

Well an accurate 14.5" outer barrel would measure ~368.3mm take into account the inch or there abouts to get it into the hop chamber through the barrel nut etc and you're probably bang on with a 380-90mm. But in terms of outerbarrel, which was the main point, a 14.5" is always going to be longer than a 13.5".