AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Well , after drooling at the fantastic " Reptile House Blog" for a while , and seeing both the authors MIlCiv builds and this one in particular - http://thereptilehouseblog.com/2014/04/04/jbs-ddm4/ , i decided to push my M4 in a more Milciv Direction.

To plagiarize someone earlier in the thread " sometimes i also like to go fast!

CIMG7295_zps5e15ff7e.jpg

CIMG7287_zps2eb9ec32.jpg

CIMG7313_zpsc3f78638.jpg

Externals -   ( Acronym dump incoming ) Madbull DD DE Omega 12inch , ACM Eotech XPS, FCC AAC Flashider,  ACM Daniel Defense A1.5 BUIS , ACM Ladder rail Covers , Marui Sling Mount , PTS MOE Buttstock, PTS MOE RVG, PTS Pmag M version /w/ magpul, Guarder enhanced pistol grip.

Internals - Madbull Steel 6.03 , Prowin Hop Unit , Prommy Purple Rubber, Deepfire H nub , Stock King arms Gearbox , Lonex Piston , Marui Spring Guide , BTC Chimera MKII , SHS High Torque Motor.

Edited by northernairsofter

Externals -   ( Acronym dump incoming ) Madbull DD DE Omega 12inch , ACM Eotech XPS, FCC AAC Flashider,  ACM Daniel Defense A1.5 BUIS , ACM Ladder rail Covers , Marui Sling Mount , PTS MOE Buttstock, PTS MOE RVG, PTS Pmag M version /w/ magpul, Guarder enhanced pistol grip.

Internals - Madbull Steel 6.03 , Prowin Hop Unit , Prommy Purple Rubber, Deepfire H nub , Stock King arms Gearbox , Lonex Piston , Marui Spring Guide , BTC Chimera MKII , SHS High Torque Motor.

..and King Arms receivers?

Here's my take two!

14119573717_ec125f094c_b.jpg

14305536964_fc3b088cf7_b.jpg

14119491320_34ec2ebcd2_b.jpg

14119434829_b6097a34d6_b.jpg

14282969456_44eb7df2a0_b.jpg

and my laundry list:

Airsoft

Inokatsu 2009 Lower - Re-Anodized Mil Spec Hard Coat Type 3 w/ Forge line removed
Inokatsu GFPA
Inokatsu Outer Barrel
Inokatsu FSB
Inokatsu Selector Block
Vipertech Selector
Vipertech Buffer
Vipertech Buffer Spring
Vipertech Hop Up
Vipertech Full Stroke Carrier
Amashotop Steel Barrel Extension
Tanio Koba 363mm Twist Inner Barrel
Scam-hellsing Mag Catch
IA FA Sear/Hammer Lock with Pin
LCT Hammer
LCT Trigger
LCT Trigger Spring

LCT Disconnector
G&P 150% hammer spring

Real Stuff

Colt 6920 Upper Receiver (full set, CH, Dust Cover, Forward Assist)

Colt Trigger Guard
Colt Hammer & Trigger Pins

Colt Take down and pivot pins with springs and detents
Colt 4 Position Buffer Tube
Colt Castle Nut
Colt Delta Ring Asembly
Colt Front Sling Swivel and Rivet
Colt A2 Flash Hider
Colt A2 Pistol Grip
Colt Buffer Retention & Spring
Colt Gas tube & Pin
Magpul ASAP
LMT Gen 2 SOPMOD stock
KAC BUIS
KAC RAS
KAC Foregrip
Eotech 551 Revision F
Surefire m951 w/ IR Filter

and a partridge in a pear tree!

Edited by Finbarqs
  • Like 6

Urgh, that's beautiful. Debating doing the same to my '09, or selling the '09, keeping all the RS parts and putting them on a 2014 ViperTech.

If I were to do it over again, I'd start off on a Vipertech Lower, then re-anodize that... At least viper's are 6061-T6. Inokatsu's are 6061, not T6, and 2009 could be even the 5000 series... Maybe wait for the real sword? (if ever) but I would rather start off on Vipertech. 

• Like 1

It's coming along nicely. Just need that lower receiver...

Jc32Csd.jpg

YUfp2P4.jpg

k2pjq9v.jpg

Mmmm, URX3.1

The SRS is the best thing ever, I have to say. Tested the solar cell, at max brightness and with no light hitting the cell, the unit draws between 8mA to 20mA (fluctuating). As more light hits the solar cell, the current draw steadily drops until hitting 0mA with a bright enough light. Unfortunately the unit needs a battery to turn on regardless of light exposure, but when running in bright light the battery can be removed and the unit will continue to run.

The QD mount is also the best I've ever used. it's simple, quick and locks on REALLY solidly as long as the rail isn't under-sized.

Edited by Aod
  • Like 4

This shorty is super sweet!

Where did You get this FDE Noveske from?

Oh I'm honoured that you like it! It was inspired by the PMG rifle in your signature!

The FDE Noveske came from China via AliExpress, it was £24 :D

It indeed is. Though the PEQ seems a bit out of place.

You think so? Where would you put the PEQ mate? :)

Aw, it's a widdle baby!

Damn right it is :D Edited by Aod

Oh I'm honoured that you like it! It was inspired by the PMG rifle in your signature!

The FDE Noveske came from China via AliExpress, it was £24 :D

do you have a link to the Noveske?

how's the quality?

How long did it take to ship from China?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This looks pretty much exactly like the one I bought;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Noveske-7-25-inch-Handguard-Rail-System-Coyote-Brown-for-AEG-M4-Free-shipping/1876207035.html

The quality is fine for the price, the Aluminium is a little soft, and the finish isn't perfect (sharp edges, flecks/specs in the anodize etc.) but for the price, it's more than acceptable, and I'm very pleased with it.

Alibaba/Aliexpress is the Amazon of China, and they take customer satisfaction very seriously, so if it arrives and you're not satisfied, sellers are almost always happy to discuss partial refunds where you keep the item, and/or allow returns.

Shipping from China to London by free Chinapost took about a week and a half from when I ordered it to arrival, which was very reasonable.

That looks lovely BoNi3k! Get out of here STALKER!

Another component of my Woodland AR arrived today, a MiniACOG (3x);

9sB5c9a.jpg

I'm struggling to get to grips with how cute this thing is, and better still, the optics are impressively clear. Fortunately, unlike the full-sized 4x ACOGs, the eye-relief on this is large enough that the scope doesn't have to be coupled to my ocular orbit! (it's actually about 3 1/2"!)

Reticle's quite nice too

Edited by Aod
  • Like 2
My pride and joy is finally finished both externally and internally. It will hopefully see some action this weekend.

Poor quality indoor pictures. Hopefully, I'll bring a good camera the next time I go outside.

-VFC MK18 Mod 1 (Colt trademarks)

-Custom VFC gearbox (Siegetek, BTC Spectre, Prometheus, Guarder, Lonex, and SPEED)

-R-Hopped PDI 6.05mm inner barrel w/ M-Nub Lonex Hop-up unit (Courtesy of Tony Z. from High Pressure Airsoft)

-VFC KAC mock suppressor

-VFC PEQ-15 and VX3

-TangoDown (Surefire) VFG

-L3 EOTech 553.A65

-Daniel Defense Rail Panels

400 FPS (w/ 0.20g) @ 35 RPS w/ effective range ~250ft.

I know the DD rail panels aren't kosher, but I had them lying around. They do a better job of protecting the rail system than rail ladders.

Now to move on to my next project: Daytona Gun M4A1 SOPMOD Block II.

I'd like to give a shout out to Extraordinaire for inspiring me to pursue the MK 18 Mod 1 build.

db594kA.jpg

2d8WNt7.jpg

8H29VzU.jpg

7LT2Z6I.jpg

• Like 1