AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

DSC04542.jpg

Next gen SOPMOD and 416, the 416 is work in progress, just threw it together for the moment, front end (VFC handguard and Z-Part front sight, outer barrel and gas block) is done and I'm now developing the stock and buffer tube (hopefully a working next-gen 416c with recoil!) 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 2

Now that's high praise.

It's OEM by Seekins but it came attached to the Primary Arms site direct from their store and has some kinda nasty 'PA' trades front and back instead of that sweet Seekins logo.  However for the quality of the mount and package deal price I paid on the set, that's fine with me.

Lolwut, I am not worth of your compliments.

How much was it for both? I remember seeing the mount alone at PA's showroom, and bought a DD T1 mount instead. I might have to switch now lol.

Edited by aznriptide859

My first iteration of my first gun. Don't be too harsh. I bought some of it used, some of it is remnants from an old gun I never got to put to use.

I have a few parts coming in, minor details, but it's mostly done. The plan is to get a new precision barrel to accomodate an SPR flash hider and silencer, and an M203+ACOG configuration. But I guess this will do for now, I haven't even had my first game yet (chairsofter by definition I guess...).

bAFOiLZ.jpg

qrAeNgy.jpg

t8hXM0P.jpg

It really depends on the environment where you play most often in my opinion, but the owner of the pictured rifle is quite the DEVGRU enthusiast so for him it had to be AOR1. AOR1'd MP7 coming next weekend ;)

Another photo;

GdZ4HpR.jpg

Edited by Aod

My rifle as it currently stands:

14484749500_6d33d69a86_z.jpg

G&P LMT TR by MrRWJP, on Flickr

Parts list:

G&P LMT TR

MagPul PTS CTR OD
MagPul PTS MOE Pistol Grip OD

MagPul PTS AFG2 OD

MagPul PTS EMag

Element eM300a Weaponlight on Element Thorntail Light mount

G&P Aimpoint Comp M2 on Clone KAC Mount

Tokyo Marui Rail Covers (Temporary)

I'll be replacing the rail covers soon with something more fitting the colour scheme, and I also have a KAC rear sight on the way from a seller on here to compliment the KAC front site that comes with the gun. I might also pick up one of the OD covers for the Aimpoint to tie it in a little better. Internally it's stock, other than me changing it over to Deans connectors.

Edited by RWJP

The 10.5" TM SOCOM, used to have all OD Magpul furniture with the MOE handguards and a VLTOR gas block/folding front sight.

14046101648_80d8b95f42_b.jpg

14229455721_7724a82eaa_b.jpg

Now it's really light and compact, you can hold it extended like a pistol one-handed no problem.  Really needs something to sort out the trigger response for semi-only CQB games and I sort of feel like something's 'missing' externally but I think that's just comparing it to the LM4 build which took forever and was massively more complicated.  It's a very handy little shooter either way.

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 3