AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Well sure, but I'd best most of them were in Japan.

My 11.5" Avalon BCM upper's finally complete:

15726264316_a29501a9cd_b.jpg

Ordered the tube back in April so finally getting the chance to put it together was fun.  Didn't have time for fully assembled pictures unfortunately so that'll have to wait another fortnight when I'm back home again, feels really nice to shoulder though.

• Like 1

The barrel angry gun sells is 12 inches and the rail is 13,5 inches. I didn't buy the barrel and stayed with the original 10,5 inch barrel and I had a 2 inch extension. The battlecomp 2.0 that I used was a little bit short so I used a few shims to make it longer. I know now that the battlecomp 1.5 is a little bit longer so that should make a perfect fit...

When you say 'tiny' barrels I presume you mean length rather than actual profile/diameter?  And this is in reference to the fact that traditionally there was a fair portion of an ARs barrel protruding from the front of the handguard, whereas now there isn't?  Because the trend for 10.5" and other 'CQB' length guns has been around a long time.

If you're talking about the former; the barrels haven't changed, it's only the handguards.  The grip/stance technique of extending the 'off-side' arm is pretty popular and you need a much longer handguard than would have been used traditionally for that purpose.  14.5" barrels are still very popular as always, it's just that now instead of the old standard 7" handguard the M4A1 uses, a lot of people like the ergonomics and aesthetics of 12-13" handguards on those same barrels (for example). So generally you just have much less exposed barrel past the termination of the forend.

I dont know I find a use for my 4X all the time out in the woods, for spotting and then getting shots on target, if you can only see someones backside sticking out from behind a tree ( it happens all the time) its useful to be able to see exactly where your shots are going so you can adjust your fire to hit that 1 elusive buttock thats not in cover! 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...