AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

In my opinion the grip is fine - there seems to be no "correct" one as there are plenty of photos of the real gun with various grips factory installed (A1, A2, etc.).

Just thought as its such a classic it would be better with the A1 Grip n slim frowned.  But as someone else said it's your gun. Enjoy it.

I was already planning to find an early pistol grip to go with it.

Not sure if you're trying to make a replica of the real one, but here's a photo of the production "LE" version for your reference (the commercial version didn't look like this). Note that most of the lower furniture is A2 (e.g. lower receiver, castle nut, grip, etc.), with the only difference being the aluminum stock from Colt's Sporter carbines. As for the upper, it looks like some production versions has the bayonet lug intact on the front sight base as seen below, but most appears to consistently have the 6-hole hand guards.

Again, if you're trying for a close replica, I think what you have looks pretty darn good.

Untitled_zpsxkm2dwco.jpg

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Like 3

e5b4e337a1b81557db348fe4eb6df736.jpg

This my WE M4 LVOA..

Has Real Magpul Grip and Stock (NOT PTS)

RA steel internals with RA Steel Bolt

Super Recoil Kit v3

Invisiblesight PEQ15

Element M3X

AngryGun 13"rail

Magpul Battlecomp 1.0 flash hider

Real Eotech 552

Magpul flip up rear and front sight (MBUIS)

BCM AMBI charging Handle

Edited by Siavash
  • Like 4

And heres a bog standard vanilla flavoured m4. Its the ics m4 ris with long qd suppresor; but all that makes it too heavy so now its just an A1 with stubby stock.The acu camo wraps 1 quid a roll, but im getting some proper goretex stuff in flecktarn. All im doing is getting a semi decent acog-thats going on the carry handle.

Pparantly the barrel is adgustable according to ics but I dont know how to do it, does anybody know?

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Right as I'm trying to talk myself out of buying an AEG I don't need, you post this up...

I'd lose the rail on it, but that's my taste. I like old staying old.

Hehehe. I do like the old look. If I'm not in dark sites the rail usually comes off. I may try an Elzetta under the front sight mount, for more of a '90s look. But for now I'm happy.

• Like 1

Question for those who own a Dyacc Geissele rail.

I have measuring instruments but they are not precise enough, so could one of you give me the dimensions of the side and bottom slots of the hand guard? I would like to make a system to fix a few things I got from my former URX3 rail *you can see them mounted, but not fixed, in the background*.

280984IMGP6772.jpg

Edited by Ivan le Fou