AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I may try an Elzetta under the front sight mount, for more of a '90s look. But for now I'm happy.

I personally do not like those mounts.

Laser Products and Surefire made the M26 mount that was specifically designed for the Colt SMG...they come up for sale on eBay now and then, and they're relatively cheap.

You can attach a Surefire 676 light to an A15 adapter, which attaches to the M26. I have the same setup and works great, but I attach it to an M20 mount since I don't have an SMG.

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Finished Mk18 Mod1

TM Recoil Sopmod

Madbull DD 9.5" RIS II

KAC Style can

VFC KAC buis

Element TD foregrip

Gbase Elcan Spectre DR

Element LA-5 ATIPAL

Element Mx3 and dual switch

Battleaxe P-mags for TM's

Dragonind Vtac style AOR1 Sling

DD foreward QD sling mount

Internal:  BTC Specter V2 for next Gen, SHS High Torque, SHS 13:1 gears, M100 spring, ZCI 6.02 TBB, Prommy purple rubber

11032829_800062376714235_155786744_n.jpg

• Like 5

+10,000 spec ops badass points for the "afghan taliban hunter" sand and wear. Even more if you picked it up in battle and not the workshop...

Whats the base rifle? Ive got an ics m4a1 myself, like others its got the 90's look-or the KISS look as they call it now. Its gonna be Sarah Conners assasination AR15-the silenced, bipod stabilized one she shoots very badly with, but shows serious sex appeal - proving a rule ive found - you can only be truly "tacticool" if its unconsciously done.

Real nice; last you a lifetime that will, you can tell its very hi grade kit just by looking at it. Imo i love the sopmod kit though as its based around the humble m4-so you can just pick up a piece at a time untill you have the entire "block". They use daniel defence rails i think? Or that could be KAC - i can only use ICS brand stuff as its designed to only accept that. Crafty move, cause they can charge a fortune for parts-I mean a qd suppresor was almost fifty quid, and their S.I.R is approaching £200.

I use mine in m4a1 config but i am building the sopmod kit. Eventually its gonna be an entire modular weapon system, with drop in components to make a pistol, pdw, sopmod carbine, rifle, DMR, all in a suitcase.

Real nice; last you a lifetime that will, you can tell its very hi grade kit just by looking at it. Imo i love the sopmod kit though as its based around the humble m4-so you can just pick up a piece at a time untill you have the entire "block". They use daniel defence rails i think? Or that could be KAC - i can only use ICS brand stuff as its designed to only accept that. Crafty move, cause they can charge a fortune for parts-I mean a qd suppresor was almost fifty quid, and their S.I.R is approaching £200.

I use mine in m4a1 config but i am building the sopmod kit. Eventually its gonna be an entire modular weapon system, with drop in components to make a pistol, pdw, sopmod carbine, rifle, DMR, all in a suitcase.

ICS can use any TM compatiable rail system, as long as you change the barrel nut to a G&P one.  Below is my old ICS m4 (top in picture).  Same goes for suppressors or flash hiders as long as they are the correct threading (CCW/CW).  There is a lot of myths surrounding ICS M4's and most of them just arent true.  The only thing you cant change on them is the receiver due to the split gearbox design.

BeFunky_20140308_103529-1_zps6af9544bjpg

• Like 2

Well, you've not said which parts you already have (if any) or linked to the ones you intend to buy, so it's rather difficult to answer the question without spending hours trying to elaborate on every possible situation or permutation.  Providing more information in the question really helps people give answers.

If you have a standard type barrel nut now that'll fit your upper then you can buy the rail kit/set and it'll attach on.  If not then I'd recommend adding a standard type barrel nut in to your order even if the kit comes with one (which I'm not sure of as I've not looked up that particular set myself at a retailer).  Pretty much any common brand AEG one should fit the WOC upper; I've used G&P ones in the past in this same situation and they worked.  Airsoft tolerances being what they are, it's always convoluted when talking about upper thread spec and though in theory there are certain specs that certain brands use, the reality is not always as such.

My PTW MK12 MOD0 with lots of RS goodies.

Not that it makes a least bit of difference in the airsoft world, but it looks like you have two front rings installed (the rear ring is also a front ring...it looks like something strange is going on?).

I think your scope is OK, but real Mk12 scopes (as well as Mk262 target knobs) are ITAR so be careful. Looks nice.

Not that it makes a least bit of difference in the airsoft world, but it looks like you have two front rings installed (the rear ring is also a front ring...it looks like something strange is going on?).

I think your scope is OK, but real Mk12 scopes (as well as Mk262 target knobs) are ITAR so be careful. Looks nice.

Oh really? How can you tell they are both front rings?

The scope is just a G&P clone, didn't have the cash for a 1K+ rs scope ;)

ICS can use any TM compatiable rail system, as long as you change the barrel nut to a G&P one.  Below is my old ICS m4 (top in picture).  Same goes for suppressors or flash hiders as long as they are the correct threading (CCW/CW).  There is a lot of myths surrounding ICS M4's and most of them just arent true.  The only thing you cant change on them is the receiver due to the split gearbox design. BeFunky_20140308_103529-1_zps6af9544bjpg

Hey thanks; youve opened up loads of possibilities ive dreamed of for my m4 but thought wd he imp9ssible, all thanks to various "experts" telling me nothing will fit.

I want to to make a car 15, early type with the shortened triangle handguard and short mags; Im keeping the barrel the same length but want to get an m16a2 handguard, cut it down to m4 length. Ive done this with the jg m4 so will use their handguard and its tm compatible, so apart from the lug you mentioned and the d ring is there anything else i need?

Oh really? How can you tell they are both front rings?

ARMS sold their #22 rings as a pair...not sure if one is designed for the front and the other for the back, but the throw lever on one of the rings is always reverse of the other and it looked odd when they both pointed the same direction. Notice how the levers oppose one another (the only important thing I was told is to make sure it's aligned with the tube):

WP_20150313_17_34_47_Pro_zps9wfrgkvk.jpg

Again, completely irrelevant for airsoft, but someone might have sold you two front rings...I don't know for sure

ARMS sold their #22 rings as a pair...not sure if one is designed for the front and the other for the back, but the throw lever on one of the rings is always reverse of the other and it looked odd when they both pointed the same direction. Notice how the levers oppose one another (the only important thing I was told is to make sure it's aligned with the tube):

*snip*

Again, completely irrelevant for airsoft, but someone might have sold you two front rings...I don't know for sure

Ah yes, they are just cheap clone mounts, as I wasn't getting a RS optic I decided not to go for the RS mounts plus there was a 6 month waiting list for the correct mounts.

Feels like ages since you posted the initial pictures at the start of that, how long did it take to all put together in the end?  I find really long term builds like that quite interesting.

Just 3 years!!

Girlfriend's gun is getting close to completion.

post-60763-0-45714400-1426447738_thumb.jpg

post-60763-0-55070400-1426447745_thumb.jpg

post-60763-0-90120400-1426447729_thumb.jpg

Pictures are not that great, they were taken by a phone.

I had to have the Crusader selector machined. Stock holes were not even close to deep enough to hold the selector in position. I had to get a real safety detent, modify it and then a few hours in a workshop and the selector works like a dream. Sadly the stock holes (which we used as reference points to the new ones) were not exactly at the right positions so the angles are not as perfect as I wanted them to be.

Base gun is a 2014 Vipertech. Barrel is custom length, around 12". Rail is 11".

The shiny Element flashlight will be replaced with a black one along with its mount.

It took me 3 months and the crucial help of a friend overseas to get the PTS AAC can replica, one piece version.

Parts list upon request.

• Like 4