AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Yeah, also its a hi end gun; imo even a professional camo job will spoil the incredible bluing used on them. There a paint called Weapon paint I use. It makes exclellent camo and also it wipss off with a special spray they sell, and they have a great range too. Also theres plasti-coat; spray on silicon that peels off when youre done - I think they do camo now, but its not cheap, and a can doesnt go far.

If i was painting that,itd be a simle scheme, using sand to tie the receiver in with those desert parts...maybe a few vertical stripes and some white or brown "leapord spots". Id leave plenty of the original finish though.

Edit: had a closer look, and its a really good AR. Youre clearly going for the tan theme; why not just get a good tan pistol grip and carry handle?

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Ive got an ics m4a1 and i want to retrofy it; ive got the old style mags and ive ordered this barrel extension that screws on where the flashider goes (i want the rifle length ar); I cant find an ics triangular guard, but ive found a jg one. For a great price. Ill need the A1 delt ring but re te front sight assembly would i need to by an A1 one or will my existing one fit?

Yep, fantastic little rifle. Unfortunately I had to convert mine...

... to a full size rifle. That apparently I don't have pictures of. But basically I used it to replace the awful lower on this guy:

You better be doing a SEALs scud hunter thing with that carbine ;)

• Like 1

My take on a WE Katana.

Running smooth on a 7.4 lipo with deans connectors, gears being a Siegetek Balanced Set and fitted with a Black Talon Spectre mosfet, Prowin hopup unit and a Prometheus barrel & rubber. Trigger response & ROF are insane. I had the original WE gears in there, but they couldn't handle the ROF and got stripped.

M4_zpsdxyygoi0.jpg

• Like 7

Phwoaar...!

A katana, eh? Ill have to check those out for sure- i really like these oddball ar15's right now-specially in the patriot/pistol class. The AR will just evolve imho and were seeing the standard configurations give way to radical newstyles. Check out the keltec pmr pistol eg, I mean the AR is a worldbeater and dominent at every site ive played; i think the next revolution in ballistics-be it caseless, micro calibre bullets fired with em bullets- I think itll come in an AR platform.

I like the classic rifles myself-ive the ics m4a1 with a stubby stock....bog standard but when ive finished other projects its gonnna be Danny Archers M4 from Blood Diamond, copying the improv camo scheme, the wear and dirt. Its just that classic 90's thing I love- Termie 2 sparked an obsession.

anybody else done a build based on a film or game out there? The best ive seen is a superb Chinese AK from fallout 3. The pulse gun and Samurais edge are good but off the shelf so dont really count.

Definately. Even without the blowback youre getting that nice "crack!" Report and the faint cloud-small things and a lot of maintenance you pay for them - but realism is kind of the goal for many- I mean were paying firearm prices near enough for perfect replicas. Aeg tech is incredible and leaps beyond gas- but imho the shooting feels sterile and lacking somehow. TM ebbs give more but are very expensive-beyond the reach of most new blood by far-of course, theyll be chinasoft ebb's- law of trickledown and all, but the no frills aeg is standard.

Personally, I think realistic sound is the way to go, based on my experience with RC tanks; they have airsoft guns and powerful sound chips- fire the gun, and you get an awesome blast (on a quality chip) recorded from the real gun. Some use silicon oil to produce a cloud of smoke even, and a tank skirmish is far more exciting; Imagine an airsoft ruck with realistic sound effects? Just noise but its those little things

• Like 1

Here's my Classic Army M4, loosely based on something used by CAG. Only things missing are a KAC suppressor and a Car-15 stock sling mount. The cable tie around the rear of the receiver is there to keep the two halves together, because those little pins that keep them together snapped off. 

sxp1c2.jpg

• Like 2

Both quality rifles; the top one is close to mine actually similar rails etc-is yours the ics m4a1? That rail-type thing mounted onthe barrel- whats it called?

And the patriot gastube thing i love; is it simply the m4 stock without the cheekpiece?

Both quality rifles; the top one is close to mine actually similar rails etc-is yours the ics m4a1? That rail-type thing mounted onthe barrel- whats it called?

You mean mine? The base rifle is a Classic Army M15A4, with a Jing Gong MRE free-floating rail.

If you mean the grip, it's a gangster grip, basically a 1" torch in a QD low profile scope mount, bolted to a cut-down AR pistol grip. It's a CAG thing, thought it looked pretty gucci so I had a crack at making my own. Works very well in game.

Edited by Arghoslent93

It works very well, tho noidea what CAG is? Id love to give my m4 a goodpaintjob....but i just can't bear to "mar" that lovely deep blue. Ive been putting heavy work into my aks and havenegpected my m4 terribly so ive been giving it a little love ie dropping cash on it. I got a red dot and mounted that to the flattop butitjust didnt look right; Im just too90's; gotta have that hi profile optics over handle look.

Good to hear owners of hi spec guns using china parts; i get sick of people bashing entire product lines blind, simply because they have the "made in..." stigma. The stuff coming out of china these days can be honestly impressive- The market is big now; crude copies in abs wont cut it anymore, at least at the medium budget level. My first ever was a 99 kwid jg m4; its made of brittle grade abs but its a tank, shooting fine 10 years on. Now, theyre packaging, branding, and finish is on par with the good Taiwanese cokpanies id say

I want to get an S.I.R too; can anybody recomend one compatible with ICS m4's. Ive got eyes on the dboy-so cheap! Even considering buying theyre mpeg, stripping the sir and stock, then modding the chsapo carbine a bit- maybe buy m16a1 furniture for it (love the old skool too)

This is something ive wondered: how do u rate your CA aeg? Its one brand ive very little exp with, but their line up is really eclectic and pretty cool. My budget would he the 150 to 200 mark...would that get me a good m16?