AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Pink XTM - Yeah, no purpose at all. It is (more like was) a girl's gun. I think that explains what needs to be.

Extended mag release - that is actually the real OdinWorks one that Crusader copied a year later its release. :) For a small girl with small hands it made weapon manipulation easier. But if you have no problems reaching the mag release button then there is no point in getting one.

Edited by emp3ror86
  • Like 1

Pink XTM - Yeah, no purpose at all. It is (more like was) a girl's gun. I think that explains what needs to be.

Extended mag release - that is actually the real OdinWorks one that Crusader copied a year later its release. :) For a small girl with small hands it made weapon manipulation easier. But if you have no problems reaching the mag release button then there is no point in getting one.

Oh really? Didn't know of the real equivalent! I don't think I really need it for manipulations sake but it looks pretty cool that's why I have it! Got to get a proper mag catch that is assembled the right way rather than a grub screw though.. G&P steel is on order :)

@Got Wood? Nice! What type of mag converter is that? I have the STAR one and I'm annoyed by the scarce amount of magazines to be found and the fact that the magazines stick out too far. You don't seem to have that issue...

Edited by Delark

This is probably sacrilege to colt purists

[iMAGE]

I'm loving the old-school set-up you've got here!

Which model of AIMPOINT mount are you using? I'm looking for something similar for my Black-Hawk Down inspired M653 build (pictures to follow)... 

I'm loving the old-school set-up you've got here!

Which model of AIMPOINT mount are you using? I'm looking for something similar for my Black-Hawk Down inspired M653 build (pictures to follow)...

The aim point is actually a really cheap clone. It's a hawke sport dot. £18 brand new. Really good quality, despite being made from plastic and having the words hawke sport dot on the side it's perfect for Airsoft. Clear as you like. The mount I'm not too sure on. Got it off a friend who bought a real miniature acog and this came with it as well. Believe it's real spec but can't find much info on it. Perfect but of mount, as it brings the rod just over the rear sights and not too high up for cqb still.

@Got Wood? Nice! What type of mag converter is that? I have the STAR one and I'm annoyed by the scarce amount of magazines to be found and the fact that the magazines stick out too far. You don't seem to have that issue...

This is the G&P. They did a run of these but with Nagpur furniture. Another forum member built it to an old school spec and I stole it from him in exchange for some round pieces of metal which I hear are quite useful.

No adapter per say, but the pins and shelf for the mag can be removed to allow for a 5.56 mag. Also needs a new hip unit if doing that I believe as the one in there now is too short on the feed tube

My treasured Polarstar. Literally a ground up build and I am very happy with it! Soon to change again but really it'll stay similar to this with a longer barrel and suppressor!

Build List:

Internals:

Polarstar Fusion Engine V2

Black Nozzle

S2 Lightning Banjo

PDI Inner Barrel

Prowin Hop Unit

Prometheus Purple Rubber

Maple Leaf Flat Hop Tensioner

SPEED Adjustable Trigger

AMPED Grip Line

Externals:

Madbull JP Rifles Receiver - US ARMY Olive Drab Cerakote

PTS Centurion Arms CMR 12.5" - US ARMY Olive Drab Cerakote

PTS BAD-*albatross* Selector

Crusader Odin Works Extended Selector

Magpul PTS UBR Stock 

Magpul PTS MIAD Grip

Magpul PTS MVG

ACM CMR Rail Kit

ACM Surefire M600U

NightEvolution Dual button Tape Switch

Crusader MB556K Brake - Modified for a Madbull 

PTS EPM Magazine

Magpul USA Magpul OD

KAC Iron Sights

Madbull Daniel Defence 11.5" Government Outerbarrel

ACM Larue SPR Mount

Vision King Short Dot

EuXt20F.jpgjjRwJAr.jpg

• Like 8

Does anyone know if there are any "skinny" rifle length handguards floating around out there?

Are you looking for literal handguards to fit into the standard delta ring? I know the MOE SL is relatively slim, but I believe only for midlength gas systems. 

Or a rifle length rail system? The VTAC, URX4, NSR, JP Handguards, Midwest Industries SS series, and Yankee Hill systems are all generally very slim and lightweight. 

Are you looking for literal handguards to fit into the standard delta ring? I know the MOE SL is relatively slim, but I believe only for midlength gas systems.

Or a rifle length rail system? The VTAC, URX4, NSR, JP Handguards, Midwest Industries SS series, and Yankee Hill systems are all generally very slim and lightweight.

They make a rifle length