AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Been checking there for months.. for both the King Arms receiver and a JP Rifles upper receiver.. nout for either :( All I want is a spare JP rifles upper so I can build a secondary upper.. but as I can't find that spare upper I am having to change the whole receiver set :( such a PITA! 

Been checking there for months.. for both the King Arms receiver and a JP Rifles upper receiver.. nout for either :( All I want is a spare JP rifles upper so I can build a secondary upper.. but as I can't find that spare upper I am having to change the whole receiver set :( such a PITA! 

Are you looking for the AEG or GBBR versions of the JP and Larue receivers? As I know where to get the AEG JP receiver and where to get the GBBR Larue one

I genuinely agree 100%, I'm the same and having spent some time looking at a cerakote colour sample key fob thingy there are without doubt differences in the actual texture, reflectiveness, depth etc between different shades and if you're having something like that done (which costs a fair bit) you'd absolutely want the best product to suit your preferences and the gun build you're constructing.

• Like 1

Quick question, anyone have much experience with the big dragon aac suppressor?

Looking to get one for an upcoming mk18 and spr build

Friend has one and says the quality is really impressive, though as expected not as good as the PTS Model.

I have one quality is rather impressive; but as said by Akiraspeedstar not on par with the PTS model (so far been unable to buy one).

To bad they don't have a CW one :-( had to use a CW to CCW adapter for my PTW

Also they don't completely fill it with Foam; its just two pieces that are put in so its not completely filled ;-)

Edited by bn_

Gave my TM recoil some love this week with a Troy Battle Ax stock and a fresh coat of paint done by a team mate.

Previously didn't want to paint the optic due to using it for a couple of different rifles, but now I've sorted a sight for the other one, the short dot will probably stay on this and get a matching spray job.

Has come out a bit lighter in the images than in person mind.

YbVM1JF.jpg

5Icpgxs.jpg

Edited by Manxmadman
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for GHK. I only went with WOC because the gun came with all the externals I wanted and I don't mind replacing parts every once in a while.

But GHK's cooldown and internal quality is unparalleled. Go GHK.

Still prefer the woc's personally, there performance on Pmags are amazing, steel parts are a must though, ghk while performance is slightly better just don't look as good IMO, the ra tech aac is not great so no real options to make them look good.