AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

surprising well. Slightly too hot so I need to change the spring in the cylinder and here's a parts list:

RS Gl stock

DTW stock pipe

DTW upper and lower receiver

king arms cylinder

DTW hop and inner barrel

DTW electrics

some sort of dimpled outer barrel

ACM scope, mount, bipod, torch, keymod front end and gas block

oh and ACM silencer and I can't remember who makes the pistol grip

VFC SR-16 upper re-threaded to proper RS specs.  ALG Defense barrel nut installed along with the barrel and gas block/tube, all nice and straight and secure.  Just need a new muzzle device to properly cover the inner (since it's slightly longer than the outer) and I can finally finish this build.  It's taken ages since there was originally a VFC URX II on there which consisted of a primary barrel nut, the rail itself which screws on to the threads that are on the outside of said barrel nut, then another outer-barrel securing nut.  All 3 parts were torqued to insane values way beyond what's needed for airsoft and while there's of course the proprietary tool available to remove the outer barrel nut I'd already paid someone to make a custom one before my G&P one arrived.  Then the rail itself was a nightmare as I lacked a strap spanner.  Finally the primary nut, while looking compatible with theG&P URX tool, was very much not.  Had to use an AR castle nut tool in the end.  Took a lot of improvisation to get the damn thing apart so as to switch to a new handguard.

18501202874_c7925cd942_b.jpg

Should be worth it though, I've already test fitted the ALG V1 rail and it's beautifully ergonomic.  Makes the rifle a true joy to shoulder compared to the URX.

Should be worth it though, I've already test fitted the ALG V1 rail and it's beautifully ergonomic.  Makes the rifle a true joy to shoulder compared to the URX.

Nice picture, but You forgot about the rail ;).

Well as I said, waiting on the muzzle device then I'll post the full rifle. Just a progress shot.

I could improvise with something else... ;)

Well, pretty sure it will turn out nice, because ALG rails are undoubtly nice. Which color did You pick up?

Edited by MRF

Glad to hear that, I personally didn't have anything available though.

I went for the V1 in 'Desert Dirt' which is actually a very, very shiny tan in person.  Doesn't match the matt latté sort of paint on the upper at all, but I did buy the gun second hand and the ALG is one of the cheapest rails I've picked up, so I've stuck a black MOE stock and matching pistol grip on there and called it a... well not back-up.. but not one of my star players in the first team.  Not conventionally pretty, but it is very, very light and extremely handy so good for actual skirmishing anyway.

Changed my setup on my WE Katana a bit. Installed a flat hop, first ran it with a hard nub, now have a softer one installed, hoping to get even better results. The inside's crammed with Siegetek gears, BTC Spectre mosfet running smooth on a 7.4 lipo. Also got a marksmanship nozzle installed, but have yet to test that setup out.

4_zpsbtug63gv.jpg

5_zpsbc9nlaiv.jpg

Nice looking shooter.

Which flat hop are you using? I'm having trouble finding the best solution! 

Would like to know as well, I have been running a flat hop too with very good results in a Prommy delta barrel with a prommy flat nub and madbull blue bucking, but Im allways looking for ways to improve it

I'm currently running a Prowin hopup chamber with a shaved purple prometheus rubber, black (medium) namazu flat hop nub with a roller bar. I first ran the red nub, which was "ok" for an upgrade, but didn't justify the price of the nub. Then I realised that hard nubs are good for high FPS with heavy bb's, but where I play, we can only top 350 FPS (with 0.2's) and I like .25's so I can still maintain a decent fps. So I went for a medium hard/soft nub. I have to say that the grouping increased significantly with the red namazu nub. Haven't yet thoroughly tested the new black nub, but I'll keep you guys posted with results if I get them.

And just because this thread needs pictures;

7_zpsy9cfli11.jpg

6_zpsm2bnnbjl.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...