AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Hi NonEx. That's a good idea, ha I'm such a fool. I only did it quickly as I find photo taking painful. The Ar is a g&p woc but with all steel internals so it will last the pace, the receiver had been cerakoted as well for extra coolness. I find woc with g&p Pmags work the best for me, probably because Iv been messing with them for years.

Going to get a ghk in the future but I'm waiting to see if kwa release a 10 inch rail version of the mega arms, which looks so cool.

Hi NonEx. That's a good idea, ha I'm such a fool. I only did it quickly as I find photo taking painful. The Ar is a g&p woc but with all steel internals so it will last the pace, the receiver had been cerakoted as well for extra coolness. I find woc with g&p Pmags work the best for me, probably because Iv been messing with them for years.

Going to get a ghk in the future but I'm waiting to see if kwa release a 10 inch rail version of the mega arms, which looks so cool.

Many people just cut the ma down.

I'd go ghk tbh.

AAARGH, MY EYES!

Not my kind of style that's for sure :o

Really? I thought it would be right up your alley. Im actually selling it on, Im more into old school (90's-00's) AR15 now, ever since I got an SR-47.

I like it but idk if I would like that stock.

It's just so compact!

But It does look really good with a Magpul CTR stock, too.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up the new version of the ICS transforM4 (CXP 264). It has the wiring to the buffer tube, which is so much nicer than the original transforM4 (260/261). Quality, features, and performance are all excellent. I was tempted to pick up the ICS Par MK3 (another excellent rifle), but I liked lighter weight of the transform4. I'll post pictures when my camera is working again.

I really like SBRs and want to get another one, but 1-3" shorter than the transforM4. Not really interested doing a major build project, but am willing to do some tinkering (I just don't have a lot of time for projects these days). Saw online the King Arms 7" SBR CQB M4 and it seems like decent contender. Anyone have experience with it? Any other good models/platforms I should consider? I'd prefer metal receivers and rail systems. Curious what people like out there.

Picked up the new version of the ICS transforM4 (CXP 264). It has the wiring to the buffer tube, which is so much nicer than the original transforM4 (260/261). Quality, features, and performance are all excellent. I was tempted to pick up the ICS Par MK3 (another excellent rifle), but I liked lighter weight of the transform4. I'll post pictures when my camera is working again.

I really like SBRs and want to get another one, but 1-3" shorter than the transforM4. Not really interested doing a major build project, but am willing to do some tinkering (I just don't have a lot of time for projects these days). Saw online the King Arms 7" SBR CQB M4 and it seems like decent contender. Anyone have experience with it? Any other good models/platforms I should consider? I'd prefer metal receivers and rail systems. Curious what people like out there.

I like gas

03a44327ed7f7e7a167228b9b699792c.jpg

3cc51c0c01d07d0e1e28791dbf118dd3.jpg

Sometime today I will put these items together.