AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Gas is good too. That rail system will look really nice once you install it.

Yeah, I didn't get off work in time to get a ar wrench today. Gonna do it this weekend, I got a noveske gas block I want to use as well.

I'd prefer not to as its missing the one grubscrew that wasent stripped out so I will get it fixed up and pritty again.

The PO used pliers to get it off there old gun.

Yeah, don't. Power up suppressors are a terrible idea - having a joint in your inner barrel might boost the FPS but is almost guaranteed to destroy your gun's range and accuracy by making the BB bounce around inside the barrel.

If you want more power, fit a stronger spring, turn the regulator up, use a more powerful gas, get a longer inner barrel - whatever the solution is, it isn't another inner barrel jammed up against your existing one.

• Like 2

Yeah, don't. Power up suppressors are a terrible idea - having a joint in your inner barrel might boost the FPS but is almost guaranteed to destroy your gun's range and accuracy by making the BB bounce around inside the barrel.

If you want more power, fit a stronger spring, turn the regulator up, use a more powerful gas, get a longer inner barrel - whatever the solution is, it isn't another inner barrel jammed up against your existing one.

I heard some things like that but many with the "kwa" specific ones don't seem to have issues. I guess I'll just make a new upper.....

I heard some things like that but many with the "kwa" specific ones don't seem to have issues. I guess I'll just make a new upper.....

What gun is this going into? I would assume that you can just build up another hop-up unit with a longer inner barrel and drop that into your existing upper, and screw a regular 'barrel extension' suppressor on the end of the outer barrel.

The reasons most people using KWA specific ones aren't seeing any issues with reduced accuracy are:

1) People who buy power up silencers aren't concerned with accuracy, they just want to boost their output (from 1.6j to 2.5j in HK last time I checked) to hurt people

2) People who buy KWAs are used to shitbox accuracy and awful range anyway

3) Sunk Cost Fallacy. No one wants to admit the expensive bit of kit they just bought is a complete waste of money.

• Like 4

The reasons most people using KWA specific ones aren't seeing any issues with reduced accuracy are:

1) People who buy power up silencers aren't concerned with accuracy, they just want to boost their output (from 1.6j to 2.5j in HK last time I checked) to hurt people

2) People who buy KWAs are used to shitbox accuracy and awful range anyway

3) Sunk Cost Fallacy. No one wants to admit the expensive bit of kit they just bought is a complete waste of money.

So you have never seen/used evo 2 hop? Pitty. I have a power up silencer for my kwa mp7 and it sucks! It looks good but sucks, I managed to take out the extended inner, so it's just a dummy silencer at this stage.

So you have never seen/used evo 2 hop? Pitty. I have a power up silencer for my kwa mp7 and it sucks! It looks good but sucks, I managed to take out the extended inner, so it's just a dummy silencer at this stage.

Yes I have used the Evo2 Hop. If you put it up against a TM based GBB Hop at the same muzzle energy, the TM will outrange it and be more accurate.

As for gutting the silencers, that's what I did with my Osprey style can.

My DSG / CQB KAC SR-30 IS COMPLETE!  It's as KAC as an M4 can be I think...

DSC_0787_zpszpkipg1q.jpg

DSC_0782_zps90pmbzfz.jpg

DSC_0786_zpskquloz4m.jpg

DSC_0783_zpsvmrrygch.jpg

DSC_0777_zpsmklse88l.jpg

DSC_0776_zpsdz5qm2k2.jpg

List of KAC externals for those who may have the KAC Fever :P

- VFC KAC SR15 base gun

- VFC KAC Micro BUIS

- Alpha Parts KAC T1 cover

- 5KU KAC QD End Plate

- Unknown Brand XM177 Buffer Tube Nut (Which KAC uses for their QD End Plate Kit)

- IronAirsoft KAC URX4 8.5"

- IronAirsoft KAC Keymod QD Mount (comes with the rail)
- IronAirsoft KAC QDC 762/300BLK Flash Hider

- IronAirsoft KAC Keymod Covers

- AABB KAC Thumb Stop

- DYTAC KAC NVG T1 Mount

- Real KAC Keymod Scoutlight Mount
- Real KAC Wire Management Kit (for the cover clamping down on wire; also the Keymod base for the tape switch)

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 5

My DSG / CQB KAC SR-30 IS COMPLETE! It's as KAC as an M4 can be I think...

DSC_0787_zpszpkipg1q.jpg

DSC_0782_zps90pmbzfz.jpg

DSC_0786_zpskquloz4m.jpg

DSC_0783_zpsvmrrygch.jpg

DSC_0777_zpsmklse88l.jpg

DSC_0776_zpsdz5qm2k2.jpg

List of KAC externals for those who may have the KAC Fever

- VFC KAC SR15 base gun

- VFC KAC Micro BUIS

- Alpha Parts KAC T1 cover

- 5KU KAC QD End Plate

- Unknown Brand XM177 Buffer Tube Nut (Which KAC uses for their QD End Plate Kit)

- IronAirsoft KAC URX4 8.5"

- IronAirsoft KAC Keymod QD Mount (comes with the rail)

- IronAirsoft KAC QDC 762/300BLK Flash Hider

- IronAirsoft KAC Keymod Covers

- AABB KAC Thumb Stop

- DYTAC KAC NVG T1 Mount

- Real KAC Keymod Scoutlight Mount

- Real KAC Wire Management Kit (for the cover clamping down on wire; also the Keymod base for the tape switch)

I like the "pdw style" kac rear" sight but I'd love to find a good repro that's not some scar rear sight look alike with a tiny aperture.

I actually like the "pdw" style for the day I get a nv optic, I don't need a riser then.

• 2 weeks later...