AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Old school M4 peaking its head in. This is a v1 KWA M4 (One of the original release KWA m4s). Its currently shooting in the 380-395fps ballpark. That's a G&P M203 mounted to it. Next thing I'll do to it is slide the battery box back slightly, remove the front sight, and add flip up front and rears.

wrKvspf.jpg

oQPdqY2.jpg

Edited by CSC Maverick

Old school M4 peaking its head in. This is a v1 KWA M4 (One of the original release KWA m4s). Its currently shooting in the 380-395fps ballpark. That's a G&P M203 mounted to it. Next thing I'll do to it is slide the battery box back slightly, remove the front sight, and add flip up front and rears.

wrKvspf.jpg

oQPdqY2.jpg

I would leave it just as is

and get an old car-15 4 possition retractable stock for it and maybe a John Mason butt pad.

But that just me...

Angry Gun SF can I see.

What can You tell about it? Is it worth of the money? Can You compare it to PTS AAC cans?

I posted some first impressions here in the news thread; I'm not familiar with the PTS cans though.  It's a little overpriced--especially since it's solid, unengraved, and all I really wanted was the flash hider--but well made.  I'm sure Element will make a more affordable one eventually (hollow with full trades please). 

Consistently the best gun to show up in this forum. The look is just perfect.

Thanks, that means a lot!  It's gone from a spare rifle to my favorite rifle to my ONLY rifle, so I may have gone a little overboard at times.  Switching from block II to the "2.5" style was particularly painful, but it's a lot easier to build one now that some decent parts have finally come to the market.  Here are some of my externals: 

VFC gen 1 SOPMOD stock:  Lots of other stocks are more commonly seen on real CQBRs, but I'm not giving up my big battery or FCU, so I need the space.  

VFC 300M rear sight and painted front sight:  These are currently way off base.  The most "correct" front sight would be nothing, followed closely by the KAC 99051-T.  The rear should be a Matech but I don't have any that aren't broken. 

RS teardrop forward assist and extended CH latch:  Cheap and easy enough to adapt to an AEG.  I might pick up a PRI combat latch someday. 

FMA LA-5C/PEQ "upgrade version":  The standard unit seems more common than the UHP, but this has several cosmetic improvements over the other available LA-5s.  Plus, I don't always use lasers, but when I do, I prefer green ones.  My old LA-5 was just a modded battery box. 

Element/Night Evolution WMX200 (laser engraved version):  A major upgrade from the Beta Project, especially since I don't care about the swivel mount.  It comes with a pretty good replica of the Insight pressure switch that fits well in a TangoDown BGV-ITI.

Insight dual button remote:  Really nice, but frankly overkill since the $10 Element replica plugs right in, and looks fine if you squint.  Modifying the LA-5 to accept this was a big pain, and modifying one of the plugs to a fit the WMX200 was a huge pain.  Yes, I ruined a $220 part to adapt it to a toy flashlight--don't we do this type of stuff all the time?

STAR Hogue style motor grip:  An A1 is probably a better choice, but I wanted a change.  It's more homage than replica.  

The next step will be more painting and weathering--these new parts look way too fresh.

Here's the one I'm using:  http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=VFC-RST-300M-TN01&search=category&rs=Rear%20Sights&catid=1&cat=&view_choice=a

It's got a good sized aperture, maybe 5mm.  Unfortunately, I don't think KAC ever made a 300M tan rear sight.  

• Like 1

Here's the fruits of my evenings labours, I'd been looking to cut down the front end of my M4 since purchase but wasn't sure what to do with it being ICS and my M4 knowledge being rather poor. So with instructions from a friend I discovered it was merely a case of 3 grub screws and good to go.

I decided tonight I would merely unscrew the 2nd half of the outer and replace with a suppressor I had spare, as it happens it's the perfect length of the inner barrel! So later project is to take my spare barrel from the AK bits and chop down slightly further, with investment in something different on the end like either a stubby chunky suppressor or fire pig. I'll also need to look at some improv spacers for the suppressor, although inner barrel movement is pretty minimal. The main drawback right now is that I can't risk thumping it off trees in any future games.

Finally I was able fit my battery in the front handguard too since the stopper at the end of the rail is now gone. Suppressor gets removed, battery slotted in, and then it's a matter of screw on again and ready to go. Rather pleased to be ride of the mahoosive peq box

DSC_0042_zpszql1ydwq.jpg

Edited by Liquid_snake
  • 2 weeks later...