AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

If you molest that, I swear to god... ha ha

My gun molesting days have passed, I have not made custom things in a long time. Last time was the stock for M10, and that was actually pretty good.  :D

Long time ago since I have seen that type of stock - nice peice

Actually nice to see an AR for a change without rail

Thanks! It is a lovely gun, altough been sitting in a box for 18 years. It was time someone opened it and go out with her.

Cool looking little fella. I always wondered, would that kind of a setup work in a real weapon, since there is no buffer tube? I thought that the mechanism continued to there.

It should be possible as the KAC PDW which was a functional prototype weapon had no buffer tube, they moved things around during a bit.

The buffer tube is just a receiver extension. If you remove about half the length of the bolt it won't enter the receiver extension.

Lwrc, Adams arms, the kac pdw. All piston designs.

But I'm sure a direct impingement design could do the same.

It's all in the buffer spring design and how to mount it.

Yes!  This is pretty much gonna be me next weekend on the boat: 

f994e35a8c2baab12f242289881721c7.jpg 

The prop armorer added a stubby buffer tube to the movie gun so a full auto bolt would work.  

An MP5K would have been the logical choice, but the CCP is lighter and I can use my regular M4 rig and midcaps.  I like the plastic body, trigger electronics, and quick change spring.  Only negatives are that my 11.1 batteries just barely fit, the slight side-to-side play in the battery cover "plug", and the clockwise barrel threading.  

It should be possible as the KAC PDW which was a functional prototype weapon had no buffer tube, they moved things around during a bit.

The LR300 from ZM was actually in production and was a working AR15 with no buffer tube. It did use a different gas system though so not sure you can count it in exactly the same way.

Fh looks like a pts, not sure on the rail but the barrel looks like a "14.5", its longer obviously because the fh is 2.5" long.

In the real world this is setup so you can have a pinned/welded 14.5" setup and stay at the 16" limit for Barrels.

The majority of ars are sold with 16" Barrels and an a2 screwed on as normal.

Well ballisticly speaking there is no difference between a 14.5 with fh/comp and a 16" with a2.

Reason being is its still shorter and thus more maneuverable without having a tax stamp.

Sorry for the book

Edited by Alias1983

Fh looks like a pts, not sure on the rail but the barrel looks like a "14.5", its longer obviously because the fh is 2.5" long.

FH definitely isn't PTS.. AFAIK PTS don't sell a Surefire MB556K replica, it'll either be Dytac, Crusader or one other brand which slips my mind currently.

Im also fairly sure he just used what he thinks looks good rather than thinking of the legalities in the states. He does live in Sweden after all.

My fun little run n' gun. Based off an old G&G Combat machine. Using it as my current test bed - trying out the Jefftron V2 mosfet trigger unit right now.

12:1 gears, Neo High Torque motor, flat-hop, 6.01mm tighbore, all the usual stuff. Does 37rps on an 11.1v lipo at 1J exactly.

IMG_1430_zpsgl8f6tab.jpg

IMG_1429_zpshfozm8ek.jpg

IMG_1431_zps1xa0odfk.jpg

• Like 2

What rail and flash hider is this please? Also what barrel length? Looks quite long.

its a Dytac 13" super modular rail, the barrel is 14,5 ". Flash hider looks like dytac too

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=DY-FH06B-BK&curr_code=USD

http://www.wgcshop.com/products?search_From=searchItem&item=dytac-g-style-smr-mk1-13inch-for-systema-ptw-profile-black-1_14inch-18&search=special&rs=DYTAC%20G%20Style%20SMR%20MK1&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

Edited by Dj_komodo
  • Like 1

FH definitely isn't PTS.. AFAIK PTS don't sell a Surefire MB556K replica, it'll either be Dytac, Crusader or one other brand which slips my mind currently.

Im also fairly sure he just used what he thinks looks good rather than thinking of the legalities in the states. He does live in Sweden after all.

OK I got it confused with the griffin m4sd, looks awfully close.

http://www.evike.com/products/58965/

Thanks very much! Just bought a TM MWS so been looking for ideas, this looks great.