AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Not to be opposite but...

Okay I have a little to much time on my hands while I wait for parts to arrive.

Found this Tapco style sling mount on Ebay for 1.25$ so why not.

Still can decide weather to get a CTR stock with extended butt pad

my little project here has the same weight sooo...

20160126_233937.jpg

20160126_233852.jpg

This was about 30minutes with a boxcutter

will give it a little finish later on.

Just had to see how it looked.

Edited by Beeingmyself
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

My fun little run n' gun. Based off an old G&G Combat machine. Using it as my current test bed - trying out the Jefftron V2 mosfet trigger unit right now.

How you getting on with the Jefftron? I was looking at getting one of the internal ones that slot into the gearbox as I'm struggling getting a spectre but I was put off with it only rated for 20rps. I see you've exceeded that.

How you getting on with the Jefftron? I was looking at getting one of the internal ones that slot into the gearbox as I'm struggling getting a spectre but I was put off with it only rated for 20rps. I see you've exceeded that.

Mixed bag.

This particular fet works brilliantly so far, but I've heard that they can be damaged by trigger overtravel, so it depends on the gearbox you drop it into.  You can fix it by filing your trigger down where it engages the trigger switch, but it's something that shouldn't really have to be done.

Also, I got a Ver 3 trigger unit replacement fet from Jefftron which worked really well up until it fried itself out of the blue about 2000 shots after installation. Not a particularly stressful set up either, M100 on 18:1s and a ferrous motor with 11.1v 40c battery.

Mixed bag.

This particular fet works brilliantly so far, but I've heard that they can be damaged by trigger overtravel, so it depends on the gearbox you drop it into. You can fix it by filing your trigger down where it engages the trigger switch, but it's something that shouldn't really have to be done.

Also, I got a Ver 3 trigger unit replacement fet from Jefftron which worked really well up until it fried itself out of the blue about 2000 shots after installation. Not a particularly stressful set up either, M100 on 18:1s and a ferrous motor with 11.1v 40c battery.

I'm using 13:1 and HT motor with a 7.4v Lipo and have an 11.1v ready to slot in once I get the lacking of mosfet problem sorted.

Had high hopes after initially finding out about the Jefftrons but looks like I'll be waiting for the elusive spectre to show its face.

Darklite, what grip do you have on the last gun you posted? Howed they get the steeper grip angle on an AEG?

EDIT: nvm, its the daytac grip right? I can see that they hold the motor similarly to VFC HKs.

Yes and Yes. I honestly don't notice much of a difference unless I have the stock all the way in.

• Like 1

Lightly moded TM SR16

20160131_11131922_zps8ly5yqnb.jpg20160131_10302722_zpsuoxqbjvy.jpg

20160131_10304222_zpsa0z84gys.jpg

TrYing to decide whether to keep it as-is, or go MBK and have a little fun. I would almost feel bad doing that though, as these are getting hard to find.

New to me G&G Wombat machine raider...just a little backup/loaner gun that i traded a we g19 for. Surprisingly sturdy and reliable so far. Has upgraded barrel and hopup. Still need to crack it open and work on the compression.

20160130_0917452_zpsdqbgozvf.jpg

20160130_0918192_zpspy9sv7cl.jpg

20160130_0918022_zpsdpasagoz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...