AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

This one still needs some of the finishing touches like a charging handle and a nicer selector lever, but small bits like that only seem to be made in quite small quantities and then sell out fast to never be seen again a lot of the time.  The main stuff's done with anyway.

23424577593_1b9eafc524_b.jpg

24051361785_37e056139c_b.jpg

23423142424_ae538d152c_b.jpg

23968793111_7b3281db88_b.jpg

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 3

Since theres talk of A1's, Heres my custom WE based Colt 601. Still a work in progress. A lot of the parts I had to custom machine like the duckbill flash hider and an offset front pivot pin so I could use an unmodified colt SP-1 upper.

Still needs a paintjob and some finishing on certain parts though.

Toxadpx.jpg

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

New parts for GBBR build.

All real steel Colt M16A1, military version. (Forgot the front sight in the pic.)

m16a1.jpg

Got the gun complete at my vacation but had to strip it down to send all but upper, bolt and barrel due to swedish laws. Heres a vid before it was stripped down.

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 6

New parts for GBBR build.

All real steel Colt M16A1, military version. (Forgot the front sight in the pic.)

How much modification is required to turn a RS M16 lower receiver into something GBBR-compatible? Which GBB platform are you going to use - WE or WA?

The hell.. you find a big old cache in 'nam or something??

I'll bet that this was was one of the guns sold by ZiB Militaria. In Germany the laws are slightly different to the UK or US; you can purchase unmodified select-fire lower and upper receivers for display without a firearms license - it's the barrel that's the controlled part and has to be deactivated.

Correct! Hehe, i took a vacation in hamburg to look at all the cool stuff at ZIB, since they do not ship any to Sweden anymore.

Also since of 8 April german laws over the deactivated guns will change. Since they are so easy to convert back. (They really are.) So now was really the time to buy the stuff before its too late.

(Have tons of pics of ZIB and the trip on my insta @TheRealFakeLudde)

So i bought some rifles to strip down and ship home.

One two parts set M16 A1 with fully working lower and one 100 euro sheaper model, exact same type but welded hammer.

Just punched the pins at used a cirkel saw on a dremmel 5 mins and it was fully operational again :D

Left me with 100 euro to spend on mags and other parts hehe.

Have not made up my mind yet. Im hoping for the WE since it cheap and have alot of A1 parts ready.

But the Inokatsu is said to be more real steel accurate.

I will have both WE and Ino to try with next week. So after then ill make up my mind wich upper brand i will buy.

Fun fact about my M16A1 is that its originally and Colt 653 when i looked up the serialnumber. Wich is great since i was planning on a upper and spare stock for an 653 alternative quick change setup :D

If anyone have any good links with WE or Inokatsus with people modding them with RS parts that would be great! :)

• Like 1

So i bought some rifles to strip down and ship home.

One two parts set M16 A1 with fully working lower and one 100 euro sheaper model, exact same type but welded hammer.

Just punched the pins at used a cirkel saw on a dremmel 5 mins and it was fully operational again :D

It sounds like the lower was already demilled (it also appears re-anodized, but it's hard to tell in your photos)...but a Colt 600 series carbine is arguably some of the most rarest Colt carbines on the market. In North America a genuine complete commercially marked 653 can sell upwards of $18K US...Property marked M16A1's made by Colt, H&R, Hyrda-Matic, etc. can even go twice sometimes even three times higher than that, based on condition and provenance.

But I assume it would be next to impossible to legally restore it, even in Europe, so I suppose it couldn't be used for anything other than display or airsoft. It is what it is I suppose...

Only the hammer was welded. But as i said it was a simpel fix with a cutting and sandning tool and some blueing.

So its back fully working again (the lower).

Don't think its re-anodized. It had the same worn Colt finish as any of the other ones i went thru. It just was the one with best finish since most was very worn to "chromed out" hehe.

Yeah, sad i cant sell it ;) But at the same time its cool to have a rare piece.

Fully working full auto lower is legal in Sweden. You just cant put it on a semi auto AR. That would be illegal.

So its going to be a gbbr Build maxed out with as much real parts that you can leagally have here.

Heres a vid back in germany at the "hotel" when i still had the uppers (i got two, one for me and one for a friend).

Also a better lit vid of my lower fully working again back in Sweden.

Vfc can take a few RS fcg parts but IMO the ghk has a more realistic looking fcg.

No gpfa, just a pin on a spring attached to the hammer.

But if you want to stuff airsoft fcg in a real lower this may take some much custom work.

The we is easy but pins won't line up and I'm not sure how you will do the bolt catch.

Hell you could make your own fcg set but making it work with your choice of mags may be an issue.

My L119A1...

f6c010f3-7c80-4c7a-bd0b-06e33b90081a_zps

13acf719-43fd-4556-8edc-410b233e9062_zps

183a7ebb-8f06-43b9-87aa-87c395880b4e_zps

G&P M4A1 AEG (base)
G&P Diemaco Stamped Receiver
G&P Storm Pistol Grip
G&P KAC Style RAS
Pro Arms L119A1 Barrel
Warlord Tactical L119A1 Reinforced Front Sight
Warlord Tactical Diemaco Stock Pad
Warlord Tactical Diemaco Sling Plate
Genuine KAC Rail Covers
Genuine Diemaco Detachable Iron Sight (DIS)
Rear wired to deans connectors

& using it with my SBS Qala-I-Jangi Afghanistan 2001 loadout...

SBS3_zpsea22dd7d.jpg

fcbd6d1a-bfd2-437d-ace5-67918c1d5930_zps

• Like 4

Tried on the WE and Inokatsu uppers yesterday quick.

Both fit fine. Colts charging handle does not fit in the WE. So looks like we are gonna go for Inokatsu/Vipertech stuff.

Gonna try mags and BC tomorow. After that its time to order the A1 uppers and start modding! :D

A23 has the Ino.

Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 3

Yep! Its actually the Whole M16 they sell. Only i cant have the upper, barrel and bolt in Sweden.

But they are now all out of stock and their Gun laws change in 8 april. So im guessing they Will be hard to come by in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

question: Does anyone know if any other brand upper or where I can get a replacement upper for a VFC m4 series AEG? I have the mk18 mod 2 and want to get another upper to swap out from block2 to block 1. Any help would greatly be appreciated or if anyone else has a spare upper that can mate with a VFC m4 lower. Thanks!