AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

20160616-190837.jpg

20160616-190820.jpg

This took too long... a GHK based Haley Strategic x BCM Jack Carbine

RA-Tech forged receiver (Raw finish, custom BCM marking)

RA-Tech CNC steel bolt

Dytac Geissele SMR MK1

BCM Marking Troy style front and rear sight 

BCM Marking MOD 0 FH

RS BCM GFH Charging Handle

RS BCM Swivel plate and Damage Industries QD D 1" Swivel

RS Full auto BAD Ambi selector

RS B5 Stock

RS BCM GFG Pistol Grip

Cerakote in Tungsten, trigger in Satin Nickel, laser engraving done by RunInWorkshop.

Beautiful !! I am getting a ghk and I am undecided on either a ra tech aac 300 or build one from scratch, what are the ra tech forged receivers like? Can you use ghk charging handles or only modified we/real steel charging handles, I'm much confused. The reason I ask is because I have a pts raptor for ghk I want to use.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It's a real one :P Don't think they made replica just yet, I'm sure they will though.

RA-Tech receivers, because I asked for a raw one, I think they snatched it out of the production line a little too early, so the fitting was really awful, like the bolt wouldn't even go in if I took a mallet to it, had to file it for a long time before it worked, but now it shoots very smoothly. So my advise would be, if you're going to buy the RA-Tech receivers, make sure you buy one that isn't half finished...lol..and there are also issues which Nugentgl / L3E has covered, which is the gun firing on burst when set on semi, which can be fixed by filing the disconnector a little, buying their full AAC300 gun has the advantage of them putting everything together, so in theory they should work out all the kinks before shipping it to you. GHK charging handle works fine, and real steel works too after a little bit of filing, mind you the threading is real steel instead of AEG, so handguard for PTW and real steel would work. 

Well hot damn.. there I was thinking the days of anyone actually taking the time to build stuff that was cool and different were over.

After the years it took me to do my first LM4, I can certainly empathise a lot.  Though I must confess I'm not personally a fan of Geissele forends or KAC in general (at least their newer stuff) but they both look awesome.  If I had to pick on aesthetics, I'd go for the Jack with that Cerakote, laser markings, the MRO and some of the other little details.  But the KeyMod and short barrel would certainly be more to my taste practicality wise.

My next GBBr (which will probably be done in 2018 I'd imagine) is actually going to be a 10.5" with some Jack inspiration as far as colouring; so kind of a combination of the above really.  Yeah, nice stuff gents, very nice.

My newest addition. It started life as a WE HK416C, but quickly transformed to what you see now. I got rid of the unpleasant 416c grip for a magpul MOE SL grip. The PDW stock was also replaced with a real steel buffer tube, buffer, and crane stock. The RS buffer tube is apparently to deep and was causing the bolt carrier front edge to hang on the rear edge of the hammer, so I put a stack of 6 felt pads (for chair feet) in the buffer tube,and voila...perfect. I am also using the stock C buffer spring with two short sections of real steel buffer spring (1" and 1.5") acting as helper springs. The blow back is crisp, snappy, and feels great. Rof is great, and the bolt still locks back perfectly.

20160618_1636552_zpswfi7ypqa.jpg

20160618_1636302_zpshs26w7wd.jpg

20160618_1633192_zps4m9pwulr.jpg

20160618_1633512_zpsksjawbhv.jpg

What is worse

The mount coming in the mail first or the sight??

Oh well foun an old ACOG alike thingy in my boneyard while cleaning out my old stuff

Gonna try a MRDS on the of this 4x and see how it works

PTW%20ACOG%20%281%29.jpg

PTW%20ACOG%20%282%29.jpg

PTW%20ACOG%20%283%29.jpg

If this sight picture works out I might just invest in some sort of Elcan Specter DR and put the MRDS on top of that.

And I am gonna start my de-Magpul-ration

The ASAP is gonna switch with a TAPCO slingplate that doesn't rattle

The triggerfuard for a KAC one

The ladder rail for some Larue index clips

and to top the MK18 look-a-like off just a plain good oldschool M4 stock with a rubber butt pad on it.

Swift the Troy rear sight for a KAC style

Sling haven't even decided if I ever gonna need one actually

Cannot decide weather the offset mount for light fits or it should be plain on the side of the rail.

Edited by Beeingmyself

nzvoafxl.jpg

Custom gas blowback Colt 9mm smg. Based on a WE and converted to take kwc mini uzi mags. started as a pile of spare WE parts in my closet a few weeks ago. uses a RS colt slicksides upper with 9mm gas deflector and port door as well as a modified RS front sight, buffer tube, stock, grps, etc.

I custom machined a new loading nozzle, magazine well block, feed ramp and valve knocker assembly to allow it to use kwc uzi mags. Its currently functional and firing at around 450 fps, though not working perfectly yet. still work to do on it to make it fieldable.

• Like 10

Well, I don't have a video, because I'm still trying to make it work good. It currently only "works".

It's going to take a lot more time and tuning to have it work at a skirmishable level. Right now it jams quite often and the blowback is a bit unreliable. It does fling BBs though one after the other until it inevitably hits a hiccup.

I do have a picture of the internals though.

xHcL9LCl.jpg

• Like 3

Well, I don't have a video, because I'm still trying to make it work good. It currently only "works".

It's going to take a lot more time and tuning to have it work at a skirmishable level. Right now it jams quite often and the blowback is a bit unreliable. It does fling BBs though one after the other until it inevitably hits a hiccup.

I do have a picture of the internals though.

xHcL9LCl.jpg

Hot damn.

Would you do another?

Hot damn.

Would you do another?

I'd consider it if the price is right. It can't really be done as a kit since the receiver needs modification. Alao I highly doubt I'll be coming across any more slickside uppers so it might have to be a more modern railed type.

• Like 1

I went ahead and took some videos of the WE Colt smg, now that Ive sorted some of the feeding issues. It still jams sometimes but it cooperated for the video. Its probably skirmishable at this point. More so then my vfc mp5s at least.

The first video got cut off in the middle, so I took another video. Unfortunately I had already dumped half the mag so the second video shows it a little more sluggish. Its more gas efficient then the kwc mini uzi is, but not by too much from what i can tell right now. Ill need to actually count shots at some point.

second video:

• Like 3