AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Nah it has to be short stroked cause the BCG has to be cut to fit around the Uzi mag and the full travel would lock the BCG behind the trigger. So it just stops by smacking the nozzle into the follower like the kwc does. I would have to make an entirely different bolt carrier in order to fix that. Which I might try eventually.

Actually on second thought that still wouldnt make the bolt lock back. Theres nothing in the kwc mag that could actuate the bolt stop, so theres really no way to even do it without a different, or very modified magazine.

Edited by Brigg

yeah the real one does, from what i understand, unless you have one of the real early open bolt versions. but yeah, its does stop firing so i think thats good enough. there really just is no way to do it using a kwc mag. Im just glad it works really.

Ok peps get ready for the dummy of the month award (goes to me!). I ordered two GHK AAC (urx3) front end kits from AST because I wanted to build an AAC 300 without the hassle of the RA tech receiver as I heard they get problems with them shooting full auto on semi because of tolerance issues, sooo me being the dumb *albatross* that I am, I order 3 blank receivers from samoon to get engraved with AAC markings, but I forgot about the selector markings, as the blank receivers come with the standard AR 15 markings, no good for a AAC build as they have unique markings, so I got on to run in work shop in HK. They said they have completely blank GHK lowers for $70 which is ok, they also said they could do the engravings for £139, it seem dear but I said what the heck and went for it, they sent me a PayPal bill and I payed it. But but I made a mistake, it was 139 per receiver not for the two and I only noticed after I had payed the pay pal bill (idiot). So I payed £438 euro for two lower receivers with AAC markings!!! WTF!!! I could of got a complete RA tech AAC for only $100 more. But at least I can build them without fear of having to mod parts etc.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am actually a leftie

but the original mount is in for service due to afghan sand in the threads

and well they are beeing converted to metric thread as well while they are at it anyways

The *MK18* mount is a chinese copy and is in so poor condition that the sight have to turned to even fit in it

eventhough it is *brand new and unused* - so much for quality control

Well, if we're going to be doing 416c's in here.....may as well  :P

Tokyo Marui based

Dytac Remington RAHG clone 

Angry Gun mini SOCOM suppressor

Prommy gears, bushings and piston

Prommy inner barrel, Firefly hop bucking and nub

M90 spring giving 325fps on 0.2's

Removed battery contacts on the magwell, will never use TM's battery mags

Dytac rail - don't know if it was just my batch but the barrel nut needed filing down for RIS to fit, other than that, was pretty pleased with it.

Overall, extremely happy with this, lightweight and highly manoeuvrable.

qfIKlL.jpg

• Like 5

I've owned / still own optics from aimpoint, eotech, trijicon, c-more, leupold and nightforce, but if I had to ditch all of them and keep one, it'd probably be the MRO, it's just the perfect size, not as bulky and heavy as classic aimpoints, and doesn't give that tunnel vision like T1 due to its shape, it also doesn't take many clicks to turn it on to "normal" condition like the aimpoint, turn left for day setting, with the first click being good for most normal condition, and turn right for nv settings. Also there are no turret caps to worry about while still being waterproof, so for hobbyists... (since I can't speak for its "real world" use), and for its relatively good price, it's the best rs optic I've had experience with so far. 

• Like 1