AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

New grip. Also first time I've touched this gun in like 3 months lol.

Got the Dytac grip on my short Avalon... just don't have a Gunfighter stock or any forend for it yet.  One day I'll make it somewhere near as pretty as yours though, this I swear upon the graves of my ancestors.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

As much as I like the BCM gunfighter grip, I still can't get on board with their stock. I know it's got some very good design features.... but it looks like an ugly boot. It looks like a stickman with elefantitis. It looks like someone tried to draw Megaman's leg and got it wrong. It looks like 16 pounds of stuffed into a 8 pound sack, stuffed into a wellington boot. It looks like cancer and aids with extra hydrogenated fats.

I'm not best fond of it, to be honest.

• Like 1

As much as I like the BCM gunfighter grip, I still can't get on board with their stock. I know it's got some very good design features.... but it looks like an ugly boot. It looks like a stickman with elefantitis. It looks like someone tried to draw Megaman's leg and got it wrong. It looks like 16 pounds of ###### stuffed into a 8 pound sack, stuffed into a wellington boot. It looks like cancer and aids with extra hydrogenated fats.

I'm not best fond of it, to be honest.

Lol, sometimes I tend to agree with you. Especially how it's way more annoying to remove it (you need a tool) compared to my old CTR.

Great minds. I had the same on mine as well, but with a Magpul grip with a 1000mah 7.4 inside. :D  

DSC05218.jpg

DSC05221.jpg

Really like how clean it looks and the idea with putting the battery in the grip. I am curious though, how long does the battery last if used in a game and if in said case the battery dies while in game, how difficult is it to swap out for a fresh one?

If I ever get my hands on a 416C I'd wanna do the same thing you guys have done.

It's a 7.4v 1000mah, so it's fairly respectable, and quickly searching on eBay revealed that for the same dimension, they've gone up in capacity again, so it's now 1100mah for that size, close to some stick batteries you find for full size guns. I haven't used that gun too many times, but firing mainly in semi, I could get through an average CQB game day without feeling like it's low on juice by the end of it. It's a TM next-gen with a recoil weight, and the BTC fet, so I suspect an AEG without the recoil weight would last even longer. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Some WIP pics of my GBBR build w real parts.

Based on the WA system.

RS A1 Colt vintage parts:

- Complete milspec lower complete w buffertube and stock etc

- Complete rear sight

- Teardrop foward assist

- Complete dustcover parts

- Charging handle assembly

- Barrelnut

- Flat deltaring

- M203 M16 handguard w complete leaf

- M203 launcher handguard

- M203 barrel hanger

- Complete frontsight

- Birdcage and washer

Airsoft GBBR parts:

- Black talon A1 upper in CNC 7075 aluminium

- Viper tech Steel pencil barrel

- BC Inokatsu

- King Arms M203

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

And for the poops and giggles, the Scarface setup ;)

IMG_2391.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 14
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20160929_2048282_zpsujnxelyf.jpg

20160929_2048522_zps12vjhnkz.jpg

20160929_2047532_zpsguc1hmdk.jpg

20160929_2048072_zpsw8atw6xv.jpg

Not as cool as the real steal receiver gbbr's, but here is my new to me Army Armament m4 cqb (next gen clone). Haven't tested it out yet but expect a full detailed review (since they are virtually non-existant) before and after tuning the gearbox. Now the real question is...do I swap my TM 14.5" front end/RIS on or keep it as is for now and go FF RIS (mod 2 replica?) in the future...

• Like 1

Markings and finish look sweet. is this the recoil version or just the blowback one?

When you shoot, can you let me know if the recoil makes it wrth getting one?

Cheers!

Lower markings are a lot better than any of my TMs, no doubt.

The markings definitely look great...they are crisp and deep, which is a big plus for anyone thinking about painting their gun. I think I decided that I will be swapping over the TM FSB and delta ring and tossing the RIS on this while keeping the barrel 10" making a mod 0...

This gun is the full next generation clone, not just the EBB version, so now I also need to grab some TM next gen lowcaps (this just comes with a hicap). I will definitely post up in here and probably do a recoil comparison between this and my GBBR 416 when I get around to shooting it.

I'm having an m4 itch again.

Always thought the GnP MRP beautiful but too expensive compared to the same build but non monolithic. Are these new Modify, Lonex and E&L ar15 a thing? I'm not touching next gen because non compatibility with certain parts.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk