AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Its the CA M4 ARS3-12. I just picked it up, so I havent had a chance to skirmish with it, but its pretty solid. It has a drum style hop up, similar to VFC, but its metal, and has micro clicks to keep it from moving. The  receiver is pretty nice, and everything, including the functional bolt release, is ambi.

Correct. PTS did the MOE, CTR, ACS and UBR but lost the license at that point, none of the new MOE-SL stuff.

You can get the new stuff here and I'd imagine they ship to Europe - http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=FacetedSearchProducts&ObjectID=12314&PageSize=15&FacetValue_CategoryID=14200&SearchString=magpul%20stock&Page=6&ICShowAllFacets=1

• Like 1

I need a moe stock so bad but can't get one shipped to Ireland, can someone get one for me in the uk and ship it to me in Ireland? I'll use PayPal and give a €20 thank you reward.

Or if someone knows of a place that will ship to Ireland. Or even a second hand one if any one has one to spare.

STALKER LR-300 (called the 'TRs 301' ingame). The short A&K LR300 is a good start, but there are a lot of little discrepancies between it and the in-game model that I felt compelled to fix. The big changes are the stock and addition of a SUSAT, but I also swapped out the grip for a standard M4 grip, extended the barrel by 2", and DIYed a tri rail for the front sight block. It's not a perfect recreation (and it never will be, given the wonky proportions and mirroring of the ingame model), but I think I got it a lot closer than it started.

KcB8w8W.jpg

Edited by CatgutViolin
  • Like 8
20161021_1910242_zpsm7qtegbd.jpg
20161021_1911562_zpsxyzsmzsf.jpg
20161021_1911072_zpsv27fv6so.jpg
The 416 was originally a C that got a RS buffer tube, buffer, and the KA LE stock. The KA M4 has RS handguard, magpul SL grip (was on the 416 until today), and sopmod stock.

20161018_0617222_zpslf3eaetv.jpg
20161018_0617582_zpsmziaqryu.jpg
20161018_0617582_zpsmziaqryu.jpg
Army Armament next gen clone. M733 stock, VN style 3 prong flash hider (will probably get replaced with a car15 eventually), and I will be shaving the grip down to an a1 style. 

20160927_1825202_zpsmmiu3m7d.jpg
20160927_1825052_zpskba6qtcb.jpg
A&K SR25K. Bone stock (for now) save for a G3 flash hider.

20160827_1202522_zpsi0ibfibh.jpg
20160827_120236_zpsf4m1bchi.jpg
My franken M4. Built off an SRC base with TM front end and Evike (KA OEM) metal body. Lots of internals, and debating a full external overhaul soon...

Can anyone tell me whether a VFC (AEG) 416/417 grip will work on a Marui/Dboys 416?

I know they have different motor angles but Im struggling to discover if the VFC gearbox is different to accomadate that difference in motor angle. I have read in a few places that it will work but be bad for the gears in the long run or that I need to change the pinion?