AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Where'd you get the DMR handguard for the ACR?

I just had to do some googling to see what it comes with normally! I picked it up second hand and had no idea that wasn't the standard handguard, but now I see that its a bit shorter standard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

36016541390_57911fb6c4_b.jpg

36244888702_4320cc1425_b.jpg

The T-1 is a nasty knock-off since I don't have a mount for my real one, but other than that, this thing is actually 'done' externally.  I'll have to get better pictures some time once the optic's sorted, but I wanted to get some out there now since it took so damn long to fully-BCM it.  I had the KMR on there aaages ago and the other accessories were fairly random, but when Dytac brought out their pistol grips I figured hey let's go for it.  Sourcing the newer style stock, KeyMod bits and the right replica compensator from all over the damn planet took a while but it's by far my best handling AEG now.

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 4

The T-1 is a nasty knock-off since I don't have a mount for my real one, but other than that, this thing is actually 'done' externally.  I'll have to get better pictures some time once the optic's sorted, but I wanted to get some out there now sine it took so damn long to fully-BCM it.  I had the KMR on there aaages ago and the other accessories were fairly random, but when Dytac brought out their pistol grips I figured hey let's go for it.  Sourcing the newer style stock, KeyMod bits and the right replica compensator from all over the damn planet took a while but it's by far my best handling AEG now.

Das vewy nice

Pretty rare to see something that isn't a 416 or a MkSOPMODBlock69 these days so yeah, fair one.  I pretty much reserve anything over an 11.5 for outdoor games, so no need for a light.  I never use lasers for skirmishing and I don't own an IR yet for weekenders, so no box.  Also stopped bothering with BUIS years ago, it was weight and money for something I quite literally never ever touched and I rarely go for foregrips now, doubly so on longer guns.  The KAG I got for about $9 in a sale at HSP for the looks, don't even like the feel of it on there.

The 'sister' to this gun is pretty much the opposite.  Setup short and fat with a quad for slapping tons of *suitcase* on to if I want to rock the PVS-14.  Though to be honest I'm already questioning that logic as there's plenty of short-KMR builds out there that are decked out with the PEQ/SF combo which would be far lighter up front.

• Like 1

I admire your restraint and yes I am the walking cliche you've just described 2 416's a 417 and yes a MK18 and a sopmod block 2 all strapped up with all the ###### you can think off! I am a bit anal with details though a while back I had an LWRC M6 which is 6.8mm in real steel and everyone was like "nice gun, needs some Pmags to finish the look" and i was like "you cant get RS Pmags to take 6.8 rounds so GI mags it is" ha ha

Edited by Pdubyuh
  • Like 1

My franken AR that got turned into a recce over the weekend. It was originally a KAC style quad rail. I ended up finding a trademarked URX rail for my SR25K, so I swapped that one on and tossed this blank rail on my M4. All she needs now is a short dot and I think se will be "done"

9JPEwgg.jpg

8z0VQU7.jpg

M2lYBvh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...