AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

@bladerunner168

For some reason BCM KMR rail is the only case when I am able to look at keymod handguard at all. And I even like it. I guess it's typical situation of exception proving the rule ;).

Really nice SBR.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

For some reason BCM KMR rail is the only case when I am able to look at keymod handguard at all. And I even like it. I guess it's typical situation of exception proving the rule ;).

Really nice SBR.

They do a M-LOK version of that RIS, which in hindsight is what I should have bought instead

Its not quite finished yet, but I'm doing a WE based Olympic Arms OA93. Once i have it all done i think i'll make a proper thread for it, but i think its looking pretty good so far. Alot of planning, machining and testing went it to making it work properly..

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Being off sick from work and confined to the sofa is deadly to the bank balance! 

Latest  acquisition Tm recoil Socom , colt 4x carrier handle scope put together for that ‘old school’ vibe ! 

F5F011D7-6D3F-4ED0-B797-1922B4FF8730.jpeg

Edited by druid799
  • Like 2
On 2/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, aznriptide859 said:

When your ARP9 isn't enough high-speed, low-drag :)

6xs5RCU.jpg

G&G ARP9
SLR Rifleworks 5.25" ION Lite M-LOK Handguard

SLR Rifleworks M-LOK Barricade Handstop, Type 2

DYTAC SLR Rifleworks Linear Compensator
Magpul MBUS Pro

FC1 Red Dot

PTS EPS-C Pistol Grip

5KU Raptor/Noveske Ambi Charging Handle

OMG Maxim Defense AR15 PDW Stock

and some other internal hodgepodge that makes it shoot 30RPS :)

Nice ARP9 build. I’m thinking of doing something similar with an ARP9 or CA X9. How happy are you with the polymer body? I’ve been thinking of going with a slightly longer rail (6-7 inch). Did you play around with other rail options before settling on this setup?

Edited by si3n4
  • Like 1

OK, so I was Googling "Trijicon SRS" and this pic came up, it looked very familiar...

This is my PTS Magbul GBBR LM4 build from a few years back, the twitter user nicked my picture and posted it on his account.

If you scroll further down the twitter thread, some folks talk about using this to pop a cap in someones bum bum.

Some people...

EDIT: it was a nice build, just saying

Edited by bladerunner168
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well well well... Do you guys remember this Photoshop mock-up concept for my WE M4 Raptor compact build?

Z1BEtUc.png

Well, it is no longer a concept :D

WoVy2M2.png

lTuEfXJ.png

pPMayRm.png

HmZBWjL.png

Yk2Dwb3.png

Super happy with the build. The rail is awesome looking IMO and everything came together pretty much exactly as predicted by the PS concept pictures.

Parts list: 

• WE M4 Raptor GBBR
  • WE MSK/"PMAG" magazine
  • Angry Gun 300 Blackout multi-length outer barrel
  • PTSxGriffin Armament M4SD muzzle brake
  • PTSxRainier Arms Raptor ambi charging handle
  • Angry Gun compact carbine stock
  • Angry Gun bolt release
  • Angry Gun ambi selector lever
  • Angry Gun TROY style ambi magazine release
  • Angry Gun magazine release button
  • Angry Gun trigger guard
  • WE HK416C pistol grip
  • ACM Doctor RMR sight
  • RS DPMS forward assist assembly
  • RS DPMS reciever take-down pins, springs and detents
  • RS DPMS ejection port cover assembly
  • Poseidon ZERO 1 Anti-Icer loading nozzle kit
  • Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 220mm inner barrel
  • Maple Leaf Decepticon, 60DG (Yellow) hop up rubber

Photos taken with Nikon D600 FX DSLR. Exposure, white balance, levels, and color corrected.

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 8