AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

11 hours ago, Ivan le Fou said:

Out of curiosity, do you know if g&p stock tubes can be mounted on king-arms bodies?

Yup. Under a single, possible condition - KA lowers often (if not always) have long extension, so cutting is required. 

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

*fruitcage* sake

Honestly, after flickr said they're limiting storage space I spent more time than I want to think about moving over about 1500 files and putting them alllll back in to various albums and reorganising; and this was only about a fortnight ago.  I think I might have a small breakdown if I have to do the entire thing *fruitcage* again.

Put these on imgur.  Working?

97TXOEE.jpg

xxJU8Fb.jpg

mnnFQkt.jpg

eta - Google Pics seems to work 100% over on AF-UK and the crop tool on imgur is garbage, so I'm banging my head on the table over here as to why something this simple is so hard when bloody photobucket used to work fine back in the way (before it went down the drain).

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 4
On 12/24/2018 at 5:49 PM, CKinnerley said:

*fruitcage* sake

Honestly, after flickr said they're limiting storage space I spent more time than I want to think about moving over about 1500 files and putting them alllll back in to various albums and reorganising; and this was only about a fortnight ago.  I think I might have a small breakdown if I have to do the entire thing *fruitcage* again.

Put these on imgur.  Working?

97TXOEE.jpg

eta - Google Pics seems to work 100% over on AF-UK and the crop tool on imgur is garbage, so I'm banging my head on the table over here as to why something this simple is so hard when bloody photobucket used to work fine back in the way (before it went down the drain).

This build is a pretty good example showing that AEG airsoft gun can be a great looking replica too. I've always been wondering what happened, that better parts quality seems to be reserved for PTW/GBB guns, specially when we talk about receiver sets. 
And here You go - good quality receivers (despite the fact these are just cast (Avalon?) ), some RS furniture... Looks great. 

BTW. Don't You want to get rid of Your another BCM receiver?

...You don't, I know. Who would like to... ;)

• Haha 1

@MRF Good of you to say.  I know we had a thread on that topic in general discussion some time ago.  If you dig around enough you can make a regular AEG something quite realistic though I think this thread shows it's seemingly easier with a GHK and the stuff available for PTW is pretty crazy (granted I'm mostly in to gear so I don't know the best places to dig around for such things).  It's a fairly old Avalon gun yeah, possibly one of the first that had that brand name and they went over to fictional trades almost immediately after making it.  I think legally/functionally I got on everything real that I could (so basically just handguard, stock, optic and pic/m-lok accessories) and the end result handles nicely all things considered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, that 3% zombie outbreak picatinny-bayonet looking Fortis handguard was not lighting my fire, but the PTS is a great shout.  I'm hoping to have a very similar forend setup with a dual switch when I eventually get around to acquiring an IR laser.  All the scalarworks stuff looks sweet as well.  Presume you're putting lipos in the CTR pad?

Edited by CKinnerley

Nothing really outstanding, but I'll post it just because that BCM grip  took me a lot of time to install.

zlmj.jpeg

Well, install... not really. Simply because it's a grip pour RIS interface, and the early Geissele handguards (SMR MK4 MOD1) are not made to fit any additional accessories. Therefore all the keymod/MLOK things do not fit, and if you want them to you'll have to go through some DIY handywork.

So... yeah. Had to drill the grip a bit, and "craft" a "saddle". No, no pictures of the "saddle", i'm not touching that thing again! :D

• Like 1

ci2opbp.jpg

Xqc4Zyp.jpg

When you are capitalist pig but you want to Сука блять quietly

My personal .300BLK AAC GBBR.

Based on a WE with a full RATech build, internally and externally, she's had a LOT of work put in to get it shooting well, because apparently RATech's QC is so bad that an RATech GBBR built BY RATech with RATech externals and RATech internals won't work properly because of poor tolerances and fitting issues. 1f611.png-_-

Internally:
- FG Airsoft Speed buffer and spring
- Stock WE nozzle with a 150% return spring and a restrictor disc
- RATech steel BCG
- RATech steel hop-up unit
- RATech steel FCG
- PDI 6.05x150mm carbon steel tightbore
- Mapleleaf Monster 50deg hop up rubber

Externally:
- Guarder AAC URX3 8.0
- RATech steel 8" barrel
- Guarder steel low-profile gas block
- Strike Industries polymer dust cover
- Random angled foregrip thing
- G&P Troy style BUIS
- MFT minimalist stock
- MFT trigger guard
- MFT pistol grip
- Real Magpul ASAP plate
- Real Kobra RDS
- Mini PBS-1 suppressor
- WE PMags

She's currently doing about 1.2J on propane, though she has a second CQB legal nozzle that drops it to 0.8J on propane. She's got a hell of a kick, though!

• Like 3

Plus1 on ratechs build being a pile of *suitcase*. 

Ordered mine from Mil-Spec solutions. 

Didn't function out the box.. Bolt didn't cycle. Sent it back and he accused me of putting thousands of rounds through it. 

(another story) 

If I was to purchase again, I'd buy stock we and upgrade when things fail. 

I think the issue is the forged receiver tolerances are tighter than the stock WE,  so you need to modify anythung you get to fit. 

• Like 1