AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It is, I've had mine for over an year now as sort of a test semple. Unfortunately their factory burned down just as the first run was ready to ship internationally (to redwolf, gunfire etc.). So only 20 or so guns that were distributed locally survived from the first batch. They have since moved to a new location and started getting new machinery to restart production.

(And it does indeed stop on empty with regular midcaps)

Also shown in the picture is the new version of their midcaps which I received yesterday and haven't been able to test yet.

• Like 1
I hate doing (almost) back to back posts...but I love pictures of guns more than I hate that...so here we go! I got the m4 that I was going to turn into a block 1...instead I decided to throw on some basic furniture and a carry handle and I really like it. Simple and effective. 

I swapped all the mk18 stuff onto to the colt lower. The only things that would make it better is a peq-2 and an a1 lower to be a true mk18 mod (I'd say right now she's a mod 0.5 or Cqbr 1.5. I do have a Wilcox rep mount but the fitment is *suitcase* so the m2 will stay in the aimpoint mount). I will probably paint the upper with OD and brown, and might hit the lower with a matte black (looks like it's been sprayed a few times with gloss), but other than that I'm happy. As for the family pic...all are WE GBB's.

HwKzxYg.jpg 
OfC7vZw.jpg
2os498u.jpg 
7xrCmKG.jpg 
PEztrKz.jpg 
Does anybody know if a VFC HK416 GBBR pistol grip will fit a WE M4 GBBR?

The only thing that differs is the little hole on the WE (also RS) grip that’s for the little fire selector pin and spring. You can drill one yourself but you have to do it carefully...

Not exactly. I would assume it is since WE is RS compatible and VFC is "more" RS spec than WE and can also accept RS grips AFAIK.

I put a WE HK416C grip on my last WE M4 build and got the grip from KY Airsoft and it was a drop in fit :) 

EDIT: Wait wha? VFC doesn't have a spring and detent hole in the grip? :o

Edited by NonEx
Not exactly. I would assume it is since WE is RS compatible and VFC is "more" RS spec than WE and can also accept RS grips AFAIK.
I put a WE HK416C grip on my last WE M4 build and got the grip from KY Airsoft and it was a drop in fit  
EDIT: Wait wha? VFC doesn't have a spring and detent hole in the grip?

I have experience so no need for assumptions :) i have a VFC hk416C and a HK417 and i plugged the holes on the RS grips to make it work...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, guys!

Im working on a couple of "old school" M4s and have really set my mind to getting these two stupid accesories, that are out of stock everywhere. If anyone knows where to get either of them, Id really appreciate it, second hand is fine also.

G&G CVL (wouldn't mind a dummy or 3D print)

I6f8Gkc.png

Big Dragon/Building Fire/G&P KAC sling swivel adapter for old style AR15 stocks.

F1Vucly.png

Edited by chas

My Recoil Shock is a true Block I clone, so I have both of these accessories. Even in 2015 the G&G AN/PEQ-5 was basically impossible to get - KIC, where I got mine, have since sold out - and they were literally the only place I could find that had them. Back when I was looking used RS ones were horrifically expensive (>$700) for what they are, and they're still pretty expensive even now.

I only got my KAC sliding stock adapter in November of last year, from FireSupport, but it looks like they've since sold out too. KIC spoke to G&P directly on my behalf and established that the part was long discontinued. You can still get RS ones and it's not wildly expensive ($45ish) by KAC's admittedly extremely low standards.

13 hours ago, PureSilver said:

My Recoil Shock is a true Block I clone, so I have both of these accessories. Even in 2015 the G&G AN/PEQ-5 was basically impossible to get - KIC, where I got mine, have since sold out - and they were literally the only place I could find that had them. Back when I was looking used RS ones were horrifically expensive (>$700) for what they are, and they're still pretty expensive even now.

I only got my KAC sliding stock adapter in November of last year, from FireSupport, but it looks like they've since sold out too. KIC spoke to G&P directly on my behalf and established that the part was long discontinued. You can still get RS ones and it's not wildly expensive ($45ish) by KAC's admittedly extremely low standards.

Thanks, mate.

I finally got the King Arms version of the sling attachment from ZeroOneAirsoft. 9 pounds, but 17 pounds of shipping to Spain...

In regards to the CVL: any chance you could take meassurements of it?

The basic shape is quite simple: a square with a cilinder on each side. Hopefullly a friend can design and 3D print t for me. And as to the small parts, such as the adjustment knobs, rail mount, battery cover, etc., I recon I can find them in my spare parts box, from old cheap PEQs. I could then use spare stickers from one of those PEQs or even print my own.

It started life as a 7" rail.  I needed it to be around 4", so I cut it. 

As the the top of the rail at 4" would've been inbetween one of the side cuts, it would've been freely suspended and would snag on things, so I pruned it back, to create a more streamlined look.

That is a WE HK416 lower and a M4 AWSS upper, with a custom cut and threaded 6" barrel, SVODA sliding stock, a MK43 flash hider, and a cut down MOE grip.  Clocks in at 330fps, and has a metal on metal "buffer" inside the stock which basically means the user gets hearing damage using the gun.  It is used mainly around vehicles and administrative roles.  Weighs in at 2.5kg.

The 7.5" PDW is a VFC M4 GBB with a Troy TRX rail, custom cut 7.5" barrel, MOE grip, and an HK PDW stock.  it clocks in at a stupid 430fps.  Weighs in at 2.3kg.

The last one is a replica of the Olympic arms K23B, based on an ICS M4, a cut down madbull patriot kit, a G&P Stock tube with a custom M4A1 sliding stock converted to CAR15 profile.  Weighs in at 2.3kg. 

Note to others:  ICS receivers are NOT RS compatible barrel nut thread (i.e. on the madbull kit).  OD of normal AR15 barrel thread is around 31mm, OD of an ICS receiver is closer to 32mm.  It was a mission to get the threads/pitch to fit.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n