AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My new M4’s top is the Specna Arms E04 Edge Model. It’s a pretty bog standard M4 CQBR in terms of looks but for the money it’s a real bargain and looks like a far more expensive version with some great features inc a GATE X-ASR mosfet hard wired in. 

The middle one is the new PTS Radian Weapons Model One GBBR based on the KWA LM4 system. Until I got this I was of the opinion that the Marui MWS was the best GBBR out of the box. The model one is better build than some real AR’s I’ve seen and handled! It’s an absolute beauty with great billet receivers and custom rail giving it an almost monolithic appearance. 

Fianlly it’s another PTS gun. This time the first release in their legacy series. A gun that was patented but never put into production; the N23. It makes a XM177 look really big! The N23 is tiny and the OEM is G&P so it utilises the new i5 gearbox and the usual G&P quality externals. It’s not to everyone’s tastes so I christened it the mARmite gun. Will only work if you use a 11.1v battery and it’s an absolute blast to shoot. 

A8C4AF5A-91FA-4566-AE31-DE72203A0184.jpeg

5B3609D8-4B59-41DE-9587-66975B3EA5CC.jpeg

91885AE5-B5F7-43B7-94F8-1E93C9033B32.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, aznriptide859 said:

Is that the new Blackcat DBAL? How does it compare to the G&P one?

Yup, it is.

As far as I can tell it seems as good as the G&P. Haven't had time to fully test it though.

But it is solid, markings are close to perfect (the "fire" should have been a tad smaller and written a tad lower) and what I really like is the railscales LEAF.

Love the new G&P bolt for the WOC with roller!! My god this make a huge different, so so smooth. The kick is nearly as good as a co2 Ghk. This make the WOC semi relevant again IMO thank god I always loved the build quality of the WOC. 

• 1 month later...
Finally got around to stripping the paint off my WE colt lower (MK18)...after getting all the spray off and hitting it with some 00 steel wool, I decided not to repaint it. I quite like how it looks now. No shiny black paint and slightly battle worn...I liked it enough to take some detail pics...

g5tey75.jpg
Ko5tyVs.jpg
aWtaomh.jpg
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

CAG BLASTER

StPzcAt.jpg

Pg9WVe6.jpg

KAC BLASTER

Hxyox1H.jpg

9fjMj0t.jpg

DOG SHOOTER (WIP)*

nB9rJVK.jpg

smmYQq7.jpg

gqPdCdr.jpg

Feeling cute, might delete later :wub: (WIP)**

O5m2lQc.jpg

ux7AXoM.jpg

* FBI Regional SWAT Build (TM MWS Based)
Missing ODG CTR Stock, FDE PEQ, and a WML.  Waiting for a friend of mine to ship me a High Ready Tool Thenar as well.  Surprisingly the mk4 rail feels pretty good, better than the URGI Mk16....

**SLR Rifleworks 300BLK Build (DYTAC AEG Based)

Need to file part of the receiver trigger hole away to install the Krytac Licensed CMC Trigger, and need to get one of the outer barrels I got lathe down to 4.5".  Got a AAC 7.62 suppressor replica on it's way too, and oh, missing a MLOK SLR Handstop (got lost in the mail dammit).

Gonna get the receiver and stock cerakoted MC Black, grip replaced with a black one, gold cerakote on the bolt plate and gold rail wedges and anti-rotational insert for the rail.

Re CAG and KAC guns, I have another lower for them but they're being rebuilt right now so one of the uppers are standalone right now.  I got another KAC receiver actually with a 13.5" MLOK URX4.....gotta finish that too :(

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 4

Question Time!

I recently purchased a Star (now Ares) M4 MRE. Beatiful gun, but with a problem: the stock tube is thicker than regular AEG stocks. Since I want to make a old-school CAG M4 and I cant find an old-school 4-position M4 stock made by Star/Ares.

Sooo... does anyone know a Star type stock tube (the ones that screw directly into the body like a RS AR15) that takes regular AEG stocks?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:05 PM, chas said:

Question Time!

I recently purchased a Star (now Ares) M4 MRE. Beatiful gun, but with a problem: the stock tube is thicker than regular AEG stocks. Since I want to make a old-school CAG M4 and I cant find an old-school 4-position M4 stock made by Star/Ares.

Sooo... does anyone know a Star type stock tube (the ones that screw directly into the body like a RS AR15) that takes regular AEG stocks?

Problem solved: the Star stock tube actually has normal dimensions (AEG dimensions), it's just that the part where the round tube and the square thing along the bottom meet is rounded and not at a right angle, so Star profile stocks work on regular stock tube, but not viceversa.

PPS stock tube for the XM26 work flawlessly and are cheap: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p40603/PPS-XM26-Pump-Action-Shotgun-Stock-tube-(Parts-No-86)/product_info.html

On 6/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, GRIM! said:

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system.

Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws.

Also a video of how it was made:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

While its a solid engineering feat,  I can see that without a firing pin delayer the gun will have seriously weaker recoil compared with other models, particularly on auto.

I would suggest looking at fitting a GHK firing pin assembly onto the hammer (GHK hammers are attached to their firing pins), as they work on a cam system and works as a built in delayer.

Otherwise, good effort!   With all the weebs liking all the HSLD AR setups, it is great to finally meet a man of culture :P

On 9/23/2019 at 5:17 AM, 3vi1-D4n said:

While its a solid engineering feat,  I can see that without a firing pin delayer the gun will have seriously weaker recoil compared with other models, particularly on auto.

I would suggest looking at fitting a GHK firing pin assembly onto the hammer (GHK hammers are attached to their firing pins), as they work on a cam system and works as a built in delayer.

Otherwise, good effort!   With all the weebs liking all the HSLD AR setups, it is great to finally meet a man of culture :P

WAs have the delayer as part of the mag release valve. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sent my ASAR to the guys at Airsoft Systems to get the get the upgrades of the second production run guns (new hop up chamber and rubber, nozzle and some other parts) and received these photos today. (Also I know one of the two screws holding the rail is missing but I stripped it just before sending the gun out and didn't have a replacement one).
Aet0JDS.jpg

ziW1WLA.jpg

rTd4ZtI.jpg

kpm0w2Z.jpg

• Like 1