AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

15 minutes ago, johny_blaze said:

Sent my ASAR to the guys at Airsoft Systems to get the get the upgrades of the second production run guns (new hop up chamber and rubber, nozzle and some other parts) and received these photos today. (Also I know one of the two screws holding the rail is missing but I stripped it just before sending the gun out and didn't have a replacement one).

Please, don't forget to leave some impressions about the "new" guns, I'm pretty interested in them after seing the price tag 😃

Edited by Isamu
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

GROUP PIC

FH16Fyq.jpg

Tier 1 pewpews

SZfPoMG.jpgcN3Qxan.jpg

The new Airsoft Artisan DD HK416 rail's out, can finally finish my Devgru gun:

aSKpdR9.jpgEWShAV4.jpg

I'm gonna swap the HK416 grip back onto the gun (the Magpul one's a placeholder for now).  The barrel nut for the DD rail's proprietary so you'll have to purchase it (I got mine from JK Army) with either GBBR spec or AEG/EBB spec.  It's proprietary because the inner cross section of the rail is the same throughout the length of the rail, but that's not the case with the real one since the inner diameter shrinks to fit the HK416 barrel nut.  But, because they'll have to do more CNC work that way, I think AA decided to just run a proprietary barrel nut instead (which is actually 3 piece).  I'm not too happy about that but, you can't see the barrel nut anyway so whatever.  They're the only manufacturer that has released the unicorn rail so I'll have to make do.

The MFR rail panels (there's 2) are also not mounted the same way the real one is mounted but again, you can't see the mounting solution so whatever.  The font used on the DD rail's also wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details you won't see it (it was pointed out to me by a friend that's a designer and a massive DD fan).

• Like 7
On 10/27/2019 at 7:44 AM, intinerious said:

Tier 1 pewpews

SZfPoMG.jpgcN3Qxan.jpg

I'm gonna swap the HK416 grip back onto the gun (the Magpul one's a placeholder for now).  The barrel nut for the DD rail's proprietary so you'll have to purchase it (I got mine from JK Army) with either GBBR spec or AEG/EBB spec.  It's proprietary because the inner cross section of the rail is the same throughout the length of the rail, but that's not the case with the real one since the inner diameter shrinks to fit the HK416 barrel nut.  But, because they'll have to do more CNC work that way, I think AA decided to just run a proprietary barrel nut instead (which is actually 3 piece).  I'm not too happy about that but, you can't see the barrel nut anyway so whatever.  They're the only manufacturer that has released the unicorn rail so I'll have to make do.

The MFR rail panels (there's 2) are also not mounted the same way the real one is mounted but again, you can't see the mounting solution so whatever.  The font used on the DD rail's also wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details you won't see it (it was pointed out to me by a friend that's a designer and a massive DD fan).

Big oof.

• 2 weeks later...

Three gun inspired long gun, as rail was half inch longer than barrel threw a can on the end.  May build a similar one on an ERG AR at a later date, this is just a boring old regular AEG ( ICS ).

77417728_10162608797225113_8301410886761840640_n.jpg

Edited by BigAl
I never remember to proof read before posting. ;)
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

😅😅

Fifty shades of DDC. Pardon a potato made picture this time but still it shows what it meant to be showing ;) .

Two C&C Tacs and HAO in the middle.

Well. With better overall detail accuracy, and $100 price tag HAO's version is a killer.

Don't get me wrong C&C Tac made a really great looking and feeling copy of the rail, but at $155 with all omitted details it is just worse. Objectively and undoubtedly.

I was afraid that surface finish will turn to be very rough, as it was portrayed on HAO's promo pics but it is just slightly harder sandblasted, than C&C Tac's offering. 

_20200102_184144.JPG

• Like 2

I didn't plan to use 9,3 Mk16 on my workhorse gun,  equipped with DD Mk18 until now, but I was curious... And I think I will leave as it is now.
Pardon snowy pictures - not really able to pull out something better now. I'm going to replace them tomorrow.
DSC_1203-3.thumb.jpg.e7cc5c05fb22c2d552903ff043cda2f4.jpgDSC_1205-3.thumb.jpg.79107e34f6d9910d237786ec498dd741.jpg

There's only one thing to be done - I need to machine lacking top rail slot on the front of Mk16. 
In "courtesy" of C&C Tac...🤦‍♂️

Edited by MRF
  • Like 2

DYTAC SLR B15 receiver with SLR 8" UltraLite ION handguard MLOK, both Cerakoted by Deadlock Coatings of Winter Springs, Florida. 

fOwHKVG.jpg

Upcoming suppressed SBR build will be shown here :). The coating cost more than the receiver T.T

Edited by aznriptide859
  • Like 3