AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

11 hours ago, aznriptide859 said:

DYTAC SLR B15 receiver with SLR 8" UltraLite ION handguard MLOK, both Cerakoted by Deadlock Coatings of Winter Springs, Florida. 

Upcoming suppressed SBR build will be shown here :). The coating cost more than the receiver T.T

Nice. This is RS rail, isn't it?
Those Dytac/SLR shorties are cool, but OOB choice of rails is not that great. I was thinking about grey/light bronze/black color scheme like the one SLR posted on FB.
It would be just cool if Dytac released ION Lite edition of this AEG.

Edited by MRF
4 hours ago, MRF said:

Nice. This is RS rail, isn't it?
Those Dytac/SLR shorties are cool, but OOB choice of rails is not that great. I was thinking about grey/light bronze/black color scheme like the one SLR posted on FB.
It would be just cool if Dytac released ION Lite edition of this AEG.

Yea, RS rail. Unfortunately the real barrel nut won't fit so I'll have to rethread it. I was honestly debating the tri-tone grey theme too, but their Multicam Black went on sale so I just jumped on that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Q8Otahx.jpg

W6uTu1T.jpg

57gkpr3.jpg

iwUJVUC.jpg?1

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise all done. All accessories are real steel except for main body components and the fake MRO.

• Like 18
On 1/15/2020 at 12:46 PM, NonEx said:

Well holy schmackers man, that is a sexy M4 build! 😀 👍

On 1/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, wolfgeorge said:

Sooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!! 

Wolf

11 hours ago, bladerunner168 said:

Those Lancer mags....

53 minutes ago, si3n4 said:

That is one sexy SBR. Nice build. 

Thanks all :), will get more pics once more parts get in. Got the Cloud Defensive LCS on (very VERY nice accessory BTW), AAC blast shield unfortunately won't be in for a few months, and end plate should be here soon too.

EDIT: I just realized Dytac actually serializes these receivers (mine is 357 lol, but their display one on JKArmy was 651) so I'm guessing there's actually a difference. Maybe in the future I might get another one to do some sort of DMR/Recce build.

Edited by aznriptide859
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, aznriptide859 said:

EDIT: I just realized Dytac actually serializes these receivers (mine is 357 lol, but their display one on JKArmy was 651) so I'm guessing there's actually a difference. Maybe in the future I might get another one to do some sort of DMR/Recce build.

Mine is 266!

I have a 4.25" rail on mine and I'm still trying to get the SVOBODA flash hider to fit their own AAC SDN6 762 suppressor so I can do a mini 300BLK build like the ones on the SLR gallery.

Yours turned out awesome, I just haven't had time to get some of the stuff sorted so that I can finish my gun hahaha.  You should've gotten the brass reflector Cerakoted gold too!

20 minutes ago, intinerious said:

Mine is 266!

I have a 4.25" rail on mine and I'm still trying to get the SVOBODA flash hider to fit their own AAC SDN6 762 suppressor so I can do a mini 300BLK build like the ones on the SLR gallery.

Yours turned out awesome, I just haven't had time to get some of the stuff sorted so that I can finish my gun hahaha.  You should've gotten the brass reflector Cerakoted gold too!

Yea I wish I did that, it would be odd if I just called Deadlock and said "hey can you Cerakote a fake bolt for me?" lol. I thought about the brass deflector too, but decided against it, I think black for it fits better with the MC Black paintjob.

Not a great picture and not sure about the optics but still a good marui custom gbbr.

The rifle is light, the trigger is quite nice, the prowin evo are really tight fit (i first thought they weren't compatible) and deliver more power than marui's mag but it's kinda mandatory because of a heavier bolt.

I won't recommand as must have because of the price tag and we can built nice or nicer airsoft guns for cheaper.

IMG_20200115_122646 (2).jpg

Edited by kimkafwan
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ivan le Fou said:

I like a lot!

How come the rear sight is slightly to the side?

Thanks and thank you for noticing that :) its a cheap china sight, only pair of kac mk18 sights I could find that didnt cost a fortune... thats ali express for ya :D