AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

15 hours ago, Dj_komodo said:

Thanks and thank you for noticing that :) its a cheap china sight, only pair of kac mk18 sights I could find that didnt cost a fortune... thats ali express for ya :D 

I have the same issue with King Arms sights on G&P bodies and the HAO URGI handguard.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

On 3/3/2020 at 2:12 PM, Ivan le Fou said:

I have the same issue with King Arms sights on G&P bodies and the HAO URGI handguard.

I own the same Ali KAC sights - no issues.
In fact they are pretty decent for the money. They could be easily improved to be more accurate copy, but... I guess it requires time and will. While Chinese manufacturers are really slow about improving anything ;)

15 hours ago, judgeman said:

Thing of beauty that 😍😍😍

Yeah its  nice, I think E&L AR`s are somewhat underrated. Looks kinda like the real thing, nice grey finish on the body + it has QSC. The platinum versions come with steel parts (such as outer barrel, front sight etc).

2 hours ago, Ivan le Fou said:

Nice perst!

Thoughts on it?

Thanks, 

Build quality 10/10

Functionality 10/10

Laser quality , brightness , adjustability 10/10

Asthetics 10/10

Value to cost , 10/10

I came from a G&P DBAL (IR version) and I cannot fault the perst.

Does it hold zero, yes ! is it reliable, yes! , does it eat through batteries like G&P DBAL's , No !

It is very good, I highly recommend it. 

Edited by TekSpec
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Ivan le Fou said:

What can is that on the URGI?

It's a DYTAC / OMG SOCOM RC1 suppressor.

I have the RC2 on the CAG 416; but it's not the proper suppressor; just a placeholder as I'm trying things out.

The CAG guns should be using the old school FA556-212 suppressors.  Airsoft Artisan made one recently but the weld marks on the supprssor looks ugly.  I gave it to Darklite to see if he can do anything about it with sanding down the existing faux-weld and redoing it.

• Like 1

I got three "surefire" suppressors/comps from three different brands.
-airsoft artisan Warden.
-angry gun mini.
and another one, standard 5.56 "length" (compared to the longer 7,62).

Good thing is, despite the different brands they all fit on each other's flash-hiders.

Sorry for the double post! Managed to get this working with a QD gearbox, and the suppressor fitting correctly. Also found a fake bolt plate to finish off and hide the hop unit.

Paired with a VN mag it’s quick a good little shooter now. Best part is even at this length it’s still less than an full length A1 barrel, and short enough to swing around indoors

f5a82117ba44103bd1addcfe813e835b.plist

• Like 4
On 3/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, intinerious said:

It's a DYTAC / OMG SOCOM RC1 suppressor.

I have the RC2 on the CAG 416; but it's not the proper suppressor; just a placeholder as I'm trying things out.

The CAG guns should be using the old school FA556-212 suppressors.  Airsoft Artisan made one recently but the weld marks on the supprssor looks ugly.  I gave it to Darklite to see if he can do anything about it with sanding down the existing faux-weld and redoing it.

Rejoice then:

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2020/04/01/hao-surefire-fa556sa-suppressor-replica-and-212-and-rc-news/

• Like 1

Getting there, slowly. I call the shell done. Now time for internals...
I don't think that You can go any better with regular AEG gun, not using RS parts - in terms of external finish and similarity to real stuff.
Brief parts list:

- King Arms Colt marked receiver set, cerakoted in-da-house  (I do what I must because I can ;) )

- steel magazine catch and selector lever  (G&P and King Arms)

- VFC CQD sling mount  (in courtesy of intinerious)

- C&C Tac Geissele Mk16 rail  (yeah, HAO is better, so I stashed it for possible MWS build ;) )

- C&C Tac Geissele ACH

- Madbull steel outer, 14,5 inch, mid-lenght   (unfortunately regular, not heavy profile, but hey - You can't have everything ;) )

- HAO Geissele low profile gas block, corrected with Cerakote   (originally this part had flawed, uneven finish - which is pretty weird for this "hi-end" brand)

- G&P 5 position stock/buffer pipe/tube, choose the term You want ;)

-  Evolution Gear EXPS

- PTS MOE grip and trigger guard

So, yeah, it's not exactly URG-I clone, but very close, obviously. I really happy how it turned out. Next build will be based on KAC ambi lower by King Arms, and 10,5 Mk16 rail I hope to be released by HAO one day.

So, the beggining was like:
DSC_1459-2.thumb.jpg.7a4d7883251317924824710ece65c4df.jpg

And here's final result:
DSC_1476-3.thumb.jpg.55a05475084846b8bcffff9155ef591b.jpgDSC_1477-3.thumb.jpg.f7e599db459afd4da958e046b7d62e2b.jpgDSC_1482-3.thumb.jpg.2d139d30f9370aac19905934cc25ea23.jpgDSC_1475-3.thumb.jpg.f6d59135b0a63fa9073927252efe5876.jpgDSC_1491-3.thumb.jpg.a86879675c390e38d694d311aa06bf08.jpgDSC_1470-3.thumb.jpg.ec6cc758b8628136092005ca034f05bf.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 12