AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Hello Folks.
I know it's not the tech forum, but I need AR related help and considering this thread popularity it would be possibly the fastest way.
So here's the thing. I got HAO's 9,3 inch Mk16 some time ago, but it appeared that its barrel nut has too shallow threading, comparing to CC Tac, and after the rail instalation there's a gap between the rail and th receiver.

HAO's RS spec nut is 13,33 mm deep, meanwhile:
161362741_1255659871497119_6815502123150015224_n.jpg

What I need to know is what HAO's AEG barrel nut threading depth.
I asked at source but surprisingly they were not that willing to help.
Is any one here able to?

Edited by MRF
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I think what you want is some outer barrel shims/washers.

EDIT: Or maybe not, eyh? You have the opposite problem? Isn't the barrel nut double ended with different spacing on each end for alignment purposes? Or was that the C&C nut... 😐 

c_c-airsoft-outer-barrel-nut-washer-shim

I used a combination of these to install and align my HAO MK16 rails on my WE build.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/c-c-airsoft-outer-barrel-nut-washer-shims-set-0-15mm-20pcs.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/dytac-30pcs-shims-set-for-barrel-nut-25-7-x-32-x-0-3mm.html

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my new CQB/R upper.

Based on a GHK V2.

It is using the Airsoft Artisan 3G rail, whch for those who aren't familiar, is a copy of the GG&G 1201 Free Float rail.

Parts list:

• G&P B5 Flashider (BE249 copy) with custom engraving
  • FMA LA5
  • Element KAC style broom handle
  • Surefire M600B and FM53 FIlter
  • Eotech 552 (Old Gen)
  • ARMS #40L rear BUIS
  • Garmin 101 in LBT pouch
  • H&K 1.25" Sling

51733103672_5a9fe87a8f_h.jpg

This CQB\R rail was mostly used by DEVGRU, and has been spotted between 2005 and 2007ish.

51734577384_aa2b7158d6_b.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Delta_Knight
Spelling
  • Like 5
On 11/26/2021 at 9:21 PM, NonEx said:

I think what you want is some outer barrel shims/washers.

EDIT: Or maybe not, eyh? You have the opposite problem? Isn't the barrel nut double ended with different spacing on each end for alignment purposes? Or was that the C&C nut... 😐 

c_c-airsoft-outer-barrel-nut-washer-shim

I used a combination of these to install and align my HAO MK16 rails on my WE build.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/c-c-airsoft-outer-barrel-nut-washer-shims-set-0-15mm-20pcs.html

https://shop.jkarmy.com/dytac-30pcs-shims-set-for-barrel-nut-25-7-x-32-x-0-3mm.html

Definitely the opposite problem 😕

11 hours ago, Tarr said:

Since Ivan has noted the "old gun" trend going strong.. Does anyone have a source for slim M4/xm177 style handguards in Europe? I'm not really bothered if they are original or replica since its getting fielded. I have checked all of my usual stores and no luck.

Not Europe, but...

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005002435136291.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.274263c0I1QIJ4

https://www.sixmm.com/products/maddog-xm177-m733-high-density-nylon-classic-handguardblk?_pos=27&_sid=433555ca5&_ss=r

https://www.sixmm.com/products/maddog-xm177-m733-high-density-nylon-classic-handguarddeluxe-ver-blk?_pos=26&_sid=433555ca5&_ss=r

16 hours ago, Tarr said:

Since Ivan has noted the "old gun" trend going strong.. Does anyone have a source for slim M4/xm177 style handguards in Europe? I'm not really bothered if they are original or replica since its getting fielded. I have checked all of my usual stores and no luck.

Brownells has them for $20, seems like you can buy from Brownells Italia and they ship to Slovenia. 

12 hours ago, chas said:

7 hours ago, blobface said:

Brownells has them for $20, seems like you can buy from Brownells Italia and they ship to Slovenia. 

I happen to need two sets so I will probably give both of your suggestions a go - aliexpress option and Brownells, cheers to both.

Also be wary of sixmm, from past experience they are not very reliable (inaccurate stock notifications, shipping wrong items, unresponsive, etc.)

I see the carry handle gang is strong in here lately... here's my contribution. Base is an EMG XM177. All that's left is paint (and probably a light on the barrel). I will probably spray her in a similar paint scheme as my old WE Gordy's build. Also, ignore the white ziptie...it will be replaced. I had to cut the black one off to swap the pad onto a better fitting stock and didn't realize I didn't have any more black ties long enough to fit.

QBwcg02.jpeg

Edited by Bostitch
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Molded a carry handle onto an ICS split upper and picked up an element m500 handguard for a quasi old school SWAT style build. The upper is still in semi-rough form (as you can see towards the rear of the upper receiver). She still needs more smoothing out and finishing, I just ran out of free time and coarse grit sandpaper lol. 

YNRpeLj.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The retro Diemaco C8 is almost there. 

So far;

G&P M733 Upper

G&P C8 lower

G&P Steel flash hider

G&P Steel 653 barrel

G&P Steel M16A1 front sight

GUARDER real delta ring

RS buffer spacer plate

RS diemaco but pad

RS ar sling

RS sling swivel

RS barrel/muzzle washer

Still to source. 

Correct style buffer tube and locking ring. 

Steel parts I.E mag release, selector lever etc. 

pixlr_20220205154116021_20220205154629296.jpg

• Like 10
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...