AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

Posted Images

img1695f.jpg

img1692f.jpg

img1693wb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures, Nikons down =(

KITLIST:

-Systema PTW M4 CQBR

-DD Mk18 RIS II

-PTW PMAG

-KAC Flip up Irons

-Rep. ACOG

-G2 Tac Light

-Magpul Ladder rail covers

-KA PEQ15

-KAC Foregrip

-Chemlights

Edited by JSOFTER

@ Leon Kennedy

I know, that question was not pointed to me but... I had Omega, at the begining, but I exchanged it for RIS II and I'm pleased that I did it. Omega rail is quite nice rail, but somehow it's not that good in terms of aesthetics. But after all it's just a matter of taste. One thing is sure - both are very solid, when installed.

BTW it seems that we have real RIS II flood in airsoft community ;).

Edited by MRF

Here's a peek at what's coming for my rifle. Remember that a few days ago this thing was 100% plain. Let me just say that there's a lot of Magpul on the way...classes start in one week so this should keep me busy until then.

photo3wql.jpg

Depends on your budget and how complex of a build you're planning really. Myself, I always plan it all out ahead of time, type out a parts list, then buy the base weapon and all the parts I'm going to be using all in one go. Or if it's going to be particularly expensive, buy the rifle one month and the parts the next.

Depends on your budget and how complex of a build you're planning really. Myself, I always plan it all out ahead of time, type out a parts list, then buy the base weapon and all the parts I'm going to be using all in one go. Or if it's going to be particularly expensive, buy the rifle one month and the parts the next.

"Rifle a month?" :P I have worked on this one for a year! I have a parts list but I'm awaiting good classifieds deals. Anyway, one of the most expensive magpul components should be here next Monday.

Here's a peek at what's coming for my rifle. Remember that a few days ago this thing was 100% plain. Let me just say that there's a lot of Magpul on the way...classes start in one week so this should keep me busy until then.

Are those Magpul covers fully engaged? It may be the photo, but it looks like there's a bigger gap between the halves that I usually see. I had one rail (Mad Bull RIS II) that was out of spec on the large size, and I just could not get the Magpuls to click together however hard I pushed. Fell back onto Larue index clips, which are more foregiving.

Are the RIS IIs too big as well? Damn... I thought it was just the Omegas.

That is pretty bad...

Yup. Got a FDE (aka bronze) M4A1 RIS II several months ago. The Magpuls just would not close. Even tried pliers and such. Then I tried the new Troy rail covers. Tough going. Tried a block of wood and light hammer--and still they wouldn't slide on. Backed off, as I said, to Larue. Rails on the two sides seem to be slightly wider than the rail on the bottom, but even it is out of spec. You need to use something soft, like the index clips or ladder covers with these.

My G&P KAC covers are hard to get on, but at least they don't wiggle like on my CA KAC RIS. I had to get longer screws for my RS Magpul RVG, too, because it didn't reach. My faux Gear Sector handstop had to be filed down hard...at least side-closing things like optics mounts and ironsights work. I had a pair of fake Magpul MBUS (bad choice) and those did fit on fine.